F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30/31 What Bulbs Have You Changed For Looks
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
derekh929
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

Posts: 795
iTrader: (0)

F30/31 What Bulbs Have You Changed For Looks

Does all turn signal bulbs need changing to silver and are they easy to get at, also with Visability pack what bulbs did you put in fog lights to brighten up.
Also any others that look yellow the look better crisp white, I did all mine on cooper s, but want to get them all ready
derekh929 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
MarkW83
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Does all turn signal bulbs need changing to silver and are they easy to get at, also with Visability pack what bulbs did you put in fog lights to brighten up.
Also any others that look yellow the look better crisp white, I did all mine on cooper s, but want to get them all ready
It's only the front indicator bulbs you need to do, I put Philips SilverVision in mine (PY21W I think).

For the front fogs, I got some 6000k ones (H8 35w) from eBay, which are a pretty good match to the Xenons; I don't know if you can use the same for the non-xenon headlights?

The fogs are easy to get to; not sure about the indicators as the dealer did mine for free when I picked the car up, but I would assume they'd be just as easier if not easier, with them being higher up and more accessible!

Both worth doing anyway!
__________________
F30 330d M Sport Mineral Grey / Coral Red
Pro Nav/Visibility Pack/Comfort Pack/Harman Kardon/Head-Up Display/Electric Seats/Comfort Access/Adaptive Suspension...
MarkW83 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
venkata
Lieutenant
 
venkata's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire

Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

The ones I certainly would like to change when the car comes are the fogs to match the Xenon colour temperature
__________________
Gone: E46 320D Sport | Silver Grey | Xenon | Heated Leather | Rain Sensors | M Sports package II
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
venkata is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
venkata
Lieutenant
 
venkata's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire

Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83

For the front fogs, I got some 6000k ones (H8 35w) from eBay, which are a pretty good match to the Xenons; I don't know if you can use the same for the non-xenon headlights?

The fogs are easy to get to; not sure about the indicators as the dealer did mine for free when I picked the car up, but I would assume they'd be just as easier if not easier, with them being higher up and more accessible!

Both worth doing anyway!
Hey Mark, don't suppose you have any pics.
__________________
Gone: E46 320D Sport | Silver Grey | Xenon | Heated Leather | Rain Sensors | M Sports package II
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
venkata is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
kitster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F31 320d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 385
iTrader: (0)

Would like to change the front and rear indicator bulbs to LED but I've read on this forum it's not a straight forward swap and often the bulbs blink too often.
kitster is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
derekh929
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

Posts: 795
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
It's only the front indicator bulbs you need to do, I put Philips SilverVision in mine (PY21W I think).

For the front fogs, I got some 6000k ones (H8 35w) from eBay, which are a pretty good match to the Xenons; I don't know if you can use the same for the non-xenon headlights?

The fogs are easy to get to; not sure about the indicators as the dealer did mine for free when I picked the car up, but I would assume they'd be just as easier if not easier, with them being higher up and more accessible!

Both worth doing anyway!
Good I have a pack of the silver visions in the garage
derekh929 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
RichardM
Major
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (1)

The indicators are a bit of a pain to get to, you access them through a flap in the wheel arch. If you don't mind jacking the car up to increase the gap between the wheel and the flap then that makes it much easier.

Have you changed any of the bulbs on your e90 Derek? They will most likely fit the F31 if you did. I fitted GP Thunder 7500K to the fogs which look great, the same bulbs I took out of my E92.
RichardM is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
derekh929
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

Posts: 795
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
The indicators are a bit of a pain to get to, you access them through a flap in the wheel arch. If you don't mind jacking the car up to increase the gap between the wheel and the flap then that makes it much easier.

Have you changed any of the bulbs on your e90 Derek? They will most likely fit the F31 if you did. I fitted GP Thunder 7500K to the fogs which look great, the same bulbs I took out of my E92.
Hi Richard yes I have silver visions in the e90 , I did not do the fogs so will have a look for the gp thunder 7500k ones, use the bulbs were awkward , but I will have the wells off to coat when I get a car, so it's just the same hatch as e90 is the fogs same? Thanks Derek
derekh929 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
RichardM
Major
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (1)

The GP Thunders I used Derek were from the Angel Eyes on the E92, as I had the pre-LCI model. Luckily I still had them in the garage.
RichardM is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
derekh929
Captain
 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

Posts: 795
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
The GP Thunders I used Derek were from the Angel Eyes on the E92, as I had the pre-LCI model. Luckily I still had them in the garage.
Thanks Richard that was handy
derekh929 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST