F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 335i M Sport Brakes Squeal while in motion??
PYSPEED

02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
martinf79
Captain

Drives: F30 335i M Sport

335i M Sport Brakes Squeal while in motion??

So... I've had my 335i M Sport since October now. Have loved every minute of it. I've been following the forum for months now... and have read all of the threads regarding the upgraded M Sport brakes and the "squeal" claim.

Well... I'm pleased to say that my brakes have not made any noise while actually braking. What's happened over the last week or so (and this has happened 3 times now) is that when I get in the car after its been parked after a good amount of time and pull out of the parking sport (front facing), I hear a very loud audible squeal sound (like a screech)... like the warning indicator would make on worn down brake pads ... or as though the parking brake is still engaged.

After about 5 seconds or a hard brake... the sound goes away...

WTF??? What's going on? Is something not releasing itself (maybe because its wet or cold)??? Would like to bring it in... but can't always replicate it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Thoughts?

2013 335i ///M-Sport | MPPK ON ORDER | AW | BD Leather | 19 M3 ZCP Wheels | M-Sport Brakes | Adaptive M-Suspension | Variable Sport Steering | Premium Package | Enhanced Bluetooth | Sirius | BMW Apps | Heads Up Display | Speed Limit Info | M Performance Grill | Front/Rear Painted Reflectors | Coded
      02-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough

Drives: Too Many

Is there any loose gravel/salt on the roads in your area? More than once I've had gravel get caught between the backing plate and rotor. It's a pretty horrible sound to say the least.
BavarianFanatic is offline   United_States
      02-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
martinf79
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Is there any loose gravel/salt on the roads in your area? More than once I've had gravel get caught between the backing plate and rotor. It's a pretty horrible sound to say the least.
I guess it's possible. No gravel... But possibly salt. But wouldn't the sound be constant until it wore away?

2013 335i ///M-Sport | MPPK ON ORDER | AW | BD Leather | 19 M3 ZCP Wheels | M-Sport Brakes | Adaptive M-Suspension | Variable Sport Steering | Premium Package | Enhanced Bluetooth | Sirius | BMW Apps | Heads Up Display | Speed Limit Info | M Performance Grill | Front/Rear Painted Reflectors | Coded
      02-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
martinf79
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
I guess it's possible. No gravel... But possibly salt. But wouldn't the sound be constant until it wore away?
Well conducted some of my own diagnostics on the car today. Appears as though the parking brake isn't fully releasing itself in certain instances, hence the squealing is coming from the brakes still partially touching. Guess it's time to bring her in.

02-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict

Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT

Do you engage the handbrake while the car is parked?

jopa489 is offline   United_States
      02-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
martinf79
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489
Do you engage the handbrake while the car is parked?
Yes. Why?