F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 320i xDrive M Sport
European Auto Source

03-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
sunscreemer
Lieutenant

Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

320i xDrive M Sport

After putting some "early review" comments in another thread and seeing as there are a number of new owners on here of the same model as me I thought it may be interesting to create a thread where fellow owners can post anything they like about anything to do with the vehicle. Comments on observations, perceived faults, glitches, mpg, tips, accessories, well anything basically!!
sunscreemer is offline   United Kingdom
      03-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Andys83
Private First Class

Drives: 320i xdrive

Basically LOVE it!!!

The auto sport box is the best transmission box I've came across, love the different modes, sport being my favourite.

Love the 19" wheels, conterary to some comments it's not extra bumpy and that's round the pot holeinfested North East of Scotland.

Handled great in the recent winter weather, mpg seems to float around 27 - 28mpg although i've had it 3 months ive barely used the manual or paddles, been told this will increase the mpg, but for me i didnt buy a 320i for mpg!!!

Really like the link with my iphone so i can play my playlists.

CONS
rusty seat bases, booked in on the 28th to be replaced (TBH i would never have noticed if it wasnt for this forum!)
Cant get my emails to display, I'm on the business nav package but again they will look at it on the 28th.
Maybe it's just my motor but the engine seems a little rattley when it starts, TBH I'm nitpicking now!!!

All in all really happy with it. Handles like a dream to me!!
      03-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
HiBee
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys83 View Post
Basically LOVE it!!!

The auto sport box is the best transmission box I've came across, love the different modes, sport being my favourite.

Love the 19" wheels, conterary to some comments it's not extra bumpy and that's round the pot holeinfested North East of Scotland.

Handled great in the recent winter weather, mpg seems to float around 27 - 28mpg although i've had it 3 months ive barely used the manual or paddles, been told this will increase the mpg, but for me i didnt buy a 320i for mpg!!!

Really like the link with my iphone so i can play my playlists.

CONS
rusty seat bases, booked in on the 28th to be replaced (TBH i would never have noticed if it wasnt for this forum!)
Cant get my emails to display, I'm on the business nav package but again they will look at it on the 28th.
Maybe it's just my motor but the engine seems a little rattley when it starts, TBH I'm nitpicking now!!!

All in all really happy with it. Handles like a dream to me!!
Regarding the rusty seat bases.
I presume you have read previous posts regarding the replacement bases ?
A number of posters have had replaced bases, but damage to the paintwork when seats have been removed.
I am not sure if i can trust my dealership to replace seat bases, without the damaging side effects.
Just my opinion though!
My motor is delivered around end of this month, hopefully without rusty bases.
      03-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
sunscreemer
Lieutenant

May sound daft but how do you know if you have a rusty seat base problem or not?
      03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX

Drives: F30 320d M SPORT auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
May sound daft but how do you know if you have a rusty seat base problem or not?
get camera and take a picture .
JOE YOUNG is offline   United Kingdom
      03-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX

Drives: F30 320d M SPORT auto

picking up mine tomorrow
JOE YOUNG is offline   United Kingdom
      03-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
sunscreemer
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjy2000 View Post
picking up mine tomorrow
Good luck
      03-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
HiBee
Lieutenant

Quote:
When i was in my stealership, i just felt the undersides of the front seats. Needles to say my fingers were orange colour, so i assume they seats were rusty.
I wonder if the rear seats have the same manufacturing defect ?
Unable to view them though.
      03-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
venkata
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII

Get mine on Tuesday , so can add review in comparison to E46
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
venkata is offline   United Kingdom
      03-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #10
RichardM
Major

Drives: F31 330D M Sport

Quote:
CONS
Have you followed the instructions on this forum mate? Do text messages show? What phone do you have?
RichardM is offline   England
      03-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Andys83
Private First Class

Drives: 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Have you followed the instructions on this forum mate? Do text messages show? What phone do you have?
No Richard i havent, will give it a go when i get home! Thanks
      03-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
venkata
Lieutenant

Quote:

No Richard i havent, will give it a go when i get home! Thanks
Check compatibility here with your make and model of phone.
http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...atibility.html
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
      03-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
RichardM
Major

If it's an iPhone texts should show fine if you enable notifications in the phone Bluetooth settings menu. Emails will only show if you set them to be banner notifications so it thinks they are a text. I get too many emails to do that!
      03-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #14
venkata
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM
If it's an iPhone texts should show fine if you enable notifications in the phone Bluetooth settings menu. Emails will only show if you set them to be banner notifications so it thinks they are a text. I get too many emails to do that!
Interesting. So if emails are enabled in notification centre it shows in car?

I have VIP emails only showing in notification centre. So would it show these few emails from my selected VIP list?
      03-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #15
CoolDude196

Drives: f30 20d

Quote:
Just look under the seat, it's visible
      03-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #16
RichardM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Interesting. So if emails are enabled in notification centre it shows in car?

I have VIP emails only showing in notification centre. So would it show these few emails from my selected VIP list?
Apparently so (and yes just VIP in your case). I haven't done this as I'm happy for it to just show texts.
      03-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
derekh929
Captain

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Richard will mine still show I have no nav option but standard Bluetooth someone told me you can select a no cost option to get enhanched BT but I don't think he is correct I have iPhone 5 , thanks Derek
derekh929 is offline   Scotland
      03-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #18
RichardM
Major

No idea sorry Derek, I know it works for Professional and Business Nav but I don't know what features you get without either.
      03-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
sunscreemer
Lieutenant

Running in nicely now, think a combination of (slightly) warmer temperatures, less temporary traffic lights, me getting used to the engine/gearbox and loosening up means i'm up to 32/33mpg from 28mpg on my commute. A longer trip tomorrow so I can see what I get on a motorway run. Still not opened up beyond 4,500rpm yet and yet to fully utilise Sport mode in conjunction with the sport automatic setting :-)
      03-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
RobUK
Major

Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red

Garage List
27-29mpg does sound rather low for a 320ix, is that mostly short journeys/town driving then? Only about 10-20% of my journeys are short or in town and I'm getting around 38-39mpg (without using ECO-slug mode).

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red

Last edited by RobUK; 03-19-2013 at 12:13 PM.
RobUK is offline   United Kingdom
      03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #21
sunscreemer
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
27-29mpg does sound rather low for a 320ix, is that mostly short journeys/town driving then? Only about 10-20% of my journeys are short or in town and I'm getting around 38-39mpg (without using ECO-slug mode).
I have a 17 mile commute down lanes and through a couple of villages. It's often quite a stop/start route. I've almost exclusively used comfort mode so far other than the occasional blast in sport mode on the way home. Tomorrow i'll be doing a 34 mile run with some motorway so we'll see what that brings!
      03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
HiBee
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
I will be delighted if i get 38 to 39 mpg on average. Although possibly won't be for a few weeks untill it's run in a wee bit.
I'm expecting around 25 to 27 mpg possibly, for a 328i. Bit of a mixture on the roads, city & motorways.