F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Just found this video 328 and sti
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
22
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Just found this video 328 and sti





Now what if we had bolt ons and a tune.....
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
66
Rep
3,684
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

It's rare to find a bone stock STi. Who knows what each car did or did not have.

Edit. Other vids say stock f30 auto and the subie was stage 2.
__________________

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt tuned(Aero interior/Konis etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
22
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Exactly thats why its pretty impressive...
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
rohms3
Lieutenant
rohms3's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
526
Posts

Drives: 2015 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

I'd attest alot of that to the 8spd auto. I owned a 05 sti tuned/tbe and it pulled WAY harder than my F30. They are mid to high 12 second cars on average.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
66
Rep
3,684
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
I'd attest alot of that to the 8spd auto. I owned a 05 sti tuned/tbe and it pulled WAY harder than my F30. They are mid to high 12 second cars on average.
I agree.

Stock to stock, I would have the F30 at 100mph traps and an STI at 102-104. So them being close I would say the 8spd auto makes up for a lot of advantage.

The fact that this was a tuned STI, yeah-should have walked it a bit harder.

But lets watch the F30 advance. Stage 1 shows a 104mph trap, so watch for stage 2+downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, etc. I think will make for a good match with a tuned STi.
__________________

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt tuned(Aero interior/Konis etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
22
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I agree.

Stock to stock, I would have the F30 at 100mph traps and an STI at 102-104. So them being close I would say the 8spd auto makes up for a lot of advantage.

The fact that this was a tuned STI, yeah-should have walked it a bit harder.

But lets watch the F30 advance. Stage 1 shows a 104mph trap, so watch for stage 2+downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, etc. I think will make for a good match with a tuned STi.


Yeah just wait till we get a turbo upgrade lol. These 4 cylinders are going to be quick.
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
Turboedv6
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: '13 Apline White Sportline 328
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if you can view this but this is me vs my buddy in his STi
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...59580167799949
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328xi Sport Line
2005 Summit White Chevy 2500 CC Duramax (stock F30 killer)
2005 Wicked White Evo 8 11.71 @ 117mph (stock turbo)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
MCD
Private
Brazil
1
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: São Paulo - Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdgee View Post
Yeah just wait till we get a turbo upgrade lol. These 4 cylinders are going to be quick.

Turbo upgrade?! That would be FANTASTIC! But I don't think this will happen
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
66
Rep
3,684
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboedv6 View Post
Not sure if you can view this but this is me vs my buddy in his STi
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...59580167799949
That's an WRX by the looks of it, it's not far off from the STi in terms of numbers though. Still traps over 100mph.
__________________

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt tuned(Aero interior/Konis etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
Turboedv6
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: '13 Apline White Sportline 328
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
That's an WRX by the looks of it, it's not far off from the STi in terms of numbers though. Still traps over 100mph.
Sorry WRX your right, I hate subys i'm an Evo guy lol. He has and cobb access port too.
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328xi Sport Line
2005 Summit White Chevy 2500 CC Duramax (stock F30 killer)
2005 Wicked White Evo 8 11.71 @ 117mph (stock turbo)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
22
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

With the numbers of the new stage 2 for us we are going to be looking real good!!! Since jb4 only did a stock car with stage 2.... Catless downpipe with a catback and a nice front mount should give us more gains..
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
66
Rep
3,684
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdgee View Post
With the numbers of the new stage 2 for us we are going to be looking real good!!! Since jb4 only did a stock car with stage 2.... Catless downpipe with a catback and a nice front mount should give us more gains..
Yeah, but that was e85. I bet a solid 25whp less on 93. BUT, the right bolt ons can make that up.

I think we will see 300whp on 93 with bolt ons and it won't go up from there for awhile until things like turbo upgrades are offered.

But 300whp might be enough for high 12's.
__________________

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt tuned(Aero interior/Konis etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
22
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: 328I 6SPD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Yeah, but that was e85. I bet a solid 25whp less on 93. BUT, the right bolt ons can make that up.

I think we will see 300whp on 93 with bolt ons and it won't go up from there for awhile until things like turbo upgrades are offered.

But 300whp might be enough for high 12's.

Yeah 300whp is not bad for a 4 clyinder..
__________________
2013 328i 6MT Bagged

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST