F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 328i JB4 **STAGE2** Dyno Testing -- New World Record. :)
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #89
Casualvic
Private First Class
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Looks like this will be great based on fuel used. I have my f30 as a daily driver and dont want to increase finance for fuel. It would be awezome if the stage 2 also helped in the throttle lag in comfort mode. I get it, sport mode is where its at. I really hated to have to push the button every time I get in to drive. Comfort being stock feature on turn on, should have a substantial difference with a tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
Turboedv6
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Apline White Sportline 328
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualvic View Post
Looks like this will be great based on fuel used. I have my f30 as a daily driver and dont want to increase finance for fuel. It would be awezome if the stage 2 also helped in the throttle lag in comfort mode. I get it, sport mode is where its at. I really hated to have to push the button every time I get in to drive. Comfort being stock feature on turn on, should have a substantial difference with a tune.
You can have that programmed at your BMW dealer to have sport mode on when you start your car.
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328xi Sport Line
2005 Summit White Chevy 2500 CC Duramax (stock F30 killer)
2005 Wicked White Evo 8 11.71 @ 117mph (stock turbo)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #91
Casualvic
Private First Class
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboedv6 View Post
You can have that programmed at your BMW dealer to have sport mode on when you start your car.
Not all dealerships are the same. Mine has no clue on programming for free or at all. I also understand I can code it myself. I just feel that bms could add those features in their tune. 379 plus cost of stage 2 upgrade should at least consider adding upgrade to all 3 modes. Just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #92
Turboedv6
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Apline White Sportline 328
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

I guess that is the benefit of being a BMW tech lol
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328xi Sport Line
2005 Summit White Chevy 2500 CC Duramax (stock F30 killer)
2005 Wicked White Evo 8 11.71 @ 117mph (stock turbo)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #93
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,576
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

91 octane dyno is up on N54tech !
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #94
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
ScarecrowBoat's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
890
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEB

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 BMW  [0.00]
Any indication on what it will dyno at with downpipe?

Anybody? Mike? If gains are anything like with Stage 1 + DP this should be close to 430+ TQ at the crank. That would be nuts.
__________________
13 Nissan 370z
08 Range Rover Sport SC

Last edited by ScarecrowBoat; 03-26-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #95
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post
I never have used E85, & I have only pumped 100 octane, but for whatever reason, when I put 100 octane in, my CEL comes on.

I did a couple of tests and didn't run the racing fuel for awhile, and only pumped 91, and eventually the light would turn off on its own.

Then I would pump 100 again, and boom, back on.

Not sure why the 100 octane makes my light come on, but it definitely does.
Sorry for the delayed post on this.
Just to be sure, did you make sure that the 100AKI fuel was lead free?

The station near me that sells race gas switched within the past year.
They now have 105 or 110, but it's leaded so NO GO with our modern engines.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #96
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
RollingLower42's Avatar
11
Rep
541
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Sorry for the delayed post on this.
Just to be sure, did you make sure that the 100AKI fuel was lead free?

The station near me that sells race gas switched within the past year.
They now have 105 or 110, but it's leaded so NO GO with our modern engines.
I'll look into it, but as far as I know, it is lead free I use
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #97
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

Fuel RON 98


stock 329i vs 328i fbo bms stage1


stock 329i vs 328i fbo bms stage1 roll oin 60 km\h
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #98
metrathon
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vista, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Zluk, great post. 5.3s to 62 (sixtyTWO) mph means roughly 5.0 to 60. Pretty close to the advertised 4.9s.

On a side note: what is FBO?
__________________
Driving/Riding: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li
Past affairs: 2006 Kawaki Ninja 650R | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2001 BMW 530i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Honda Civic | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #99
MB-SAB
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328i Luxury
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: São Paulo - BR

iTrader: (0)

[quote=metrathon;13720873]Zluk, great post. 5.3s to 62 (sixtyTWO) mph means roughly 5.0 to 60. Pretty close to the advertised 4.9s.

I am pretty sure his has not only BMS1 but also aFe Downpipe + aFe intake + aFe cat-back + intercooler (total of 212Kw or 285whp).
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #100
metrathon
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vista, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-SAB View Post
I am pretty sure his has not only BMS1 but also aFe Downpipe + aFe intake + aFe cat-back + intercooler (total of 212Kw or 285whp).
Then it's not good for BMS
__________________
Driving/Riding: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li
Past affairs: 2006 Kawaki Ninja 650R | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2001 BMW 530i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Honda Civic | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #101
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

[quote=MB-SAB;13721109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Zluk, great post. 5.3s to 62 (sixtyTWO) mph means roughly 5.0 to 60. Pretty close to the advertised 4.9s.

I am pretty sure his has not only BMS1 but also aFe Downpipe + aFe intake + aFe cat-back + intercooler (total of 212Kw or 285whp).
FBO full bolt on
intake+exhaust+downpipe+intercooler

The most important thing is that the car tires Bridgedtone Revo GZ 225 \ 45 R18 (winter),the first 10 meters during acceleration car is stalling.
Unfortunately this car I have actually sold, but bought a 328i Xdrive and have already made ​​it to the FBO
Soon there will be new measurements
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #102
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
11
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here

iTrader: (3)

is the forge intercooler bolt on? which model isit
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #103
metrathon
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vista, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

[quote=Zluk;13726461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-SAB View Post

FBO full bolt on
intake+exhaust+downpipe+intercooler

The most important thing is that the car tires Bridgedtone Revo GZ 225 \ 45 R18 (winter),the first 10 meters during acceleration car is stalling.
Unfortunately this car I have actually sold, but bought a 328i Xdrive and have already made ​​it to the FBO
Soon there will be new measurements
Now I'm confused So it's the BMS worth its money or not?
__________________
Driving/Riding: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li
Past affairs: 2006 Kawaki Ninja 650R | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2001 BMW 530i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Honda Civic | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #104
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,576
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

[quote=metrathon;13726632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post

Now I'm confused So it's the BMS worth its money or not?
Judging by how hard his car left the stock car, I would say yes. That's on stage 1 when stage 2 with his existing bolt ons will be even faster. Stage 2 will net him over 300whp.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #105
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

[quote=metrathon;13726632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post

Now I'm confused So it's the BMS worth its money or not?
of course, bms the best
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #106
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

[quote=Jamesons Viggen;13727016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post

Judging by how hard his car left the stock car, I would say yes. That's on stage 1 when stage 2 with his existing bolt ons will be even faster. Stage 2 will net him over 300whp.
I do not believe that only one chip stage2 would give 300 hp.
FBO with bms stage2=300-310 hp on 98 ron petrol
but even with bms stage1 car goes faster than 335 N55 stock
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #107
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat87 View Post
is the forge intercooler bolt on? which model isit
this intercooler,not bolt on- need a small revision stock pipes
http://www.atomic-shop.ru/part/38371-FMINT35/
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #108
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
11
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
this intercooler,not bolt on- need a small revision stock pipes
http://www.atomic-shop.ru/part/38371-FMINT35/
wow thats a huge intercooler. unfortunately not bolt on. Did u experience any lag after changing to this?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #109
Zluk
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat87 View Post
wow thats a huge intercooler. unfortunately not bolt on. Did u experience any lag after changing to this?
No lag, I would recommend to put it on the stock also, charge air cooling way better than stock
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #110
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,576
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

[quote=Zluk;13727086]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post

I do not believe that only one chip stage2 would give 300 hp.
FBO with bms stage2=300-310 hp on 98 ron petrol
but even with bms stage1 car goes faster than 335 N55 stock
I said with your bolt ons plus stage 2, not just the tune.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST