F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 328i JB4 **STAGE2** Dyno Testing -- New World Record. :)
MINHS Auto Care Center
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #111
1GrayBulldog
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 113
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
this intercooler,not bolt on- need a small revision stock pipes
http://www.atomic-shop.ru/part/38371-FMINT35/
Could you provide a bit more detail on the small revision needed to fit this intercooler to the F30 328i? I'm very interested in adding a FMIC too and I know the Forge unit for the 135i/335i has good reviews... thank you!
1GrayBulldog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #112
RJH
Private
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Ontario

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

[quote=metrathon;13726632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post

Now I'm confused So it's the BMS worth its money or not?
Agreed, confused too. Downpipe gains - I'm 100 % confident of 10-15 hp, but not street legal, catback, if done right may be worth another 5-10, and airbox gains are fiction. I have no idea how much intercooler adds.
So the question is how much stand alone or added gains does BMS tune deliver and how does it impact daily drive. Jury is still out...
RJH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #113
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

[quote=RJH;13729802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post

Agreed, confused too. Downpipe gains - I'm 100 % confident of 10-15 hp, but not street legal, catback, if done right may be worth another 5-10, and airbox gains are fiction. I have no idea how much intercooler adds.
So the question is how much stand alone or added gains does BMS tune deliver and how does it impact daily drive. Jury is still out...
To understand I'll make measurements on dynostand FBO+bms st1 and FBO with out bms
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #114
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper328i View Post
Could you provide a bit more detail on the small revision needed to fit this intercooler to the F30 328i? I'm very interested in adding a FMIC too and I know the Forge unit for the 135i/335i has good reviews... thank you!
Long tube is simply inserted into the hose clamp and fastened.
short pipe from the turbine is pruned and connects to Forge pipe with the metal sleeve, which I made ​​on the lathe, the price is $ 10/
The only drawback is that the lower fastening of a radiator not reach their seats, but experience has shown that there is no negative impact.
Mileage tuning of around 30,000 km
The use of this intercooler has eliminated the dependence acceleration from the outdoor temperature, acceleration is always stable.

ps photos are not very good and parts are dirty, when reinstalling are made with 328i by 328xi
Attached Images
    
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #115
RJH
Private
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Ontario

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

[quote=Zluk;13730348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post

To understand I'll make measurements on dynostand FBO+bms st1 and FBO with out bms
That would be terrific. Perfect scenario would be to test stock, then w/BMS, then with catback, and lastly with intercooler. Pipe's contribution is pretty consistent and since its not street legal, it s/b the last item tested. I realise this is asking a lot; but it would be more scientific and very cool
RJH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #116
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

[quote=RJH;13730958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post

That would be terrific. Perfect scenario would be to test stock, then w/BMS, then with catback, and lastly with intercooler. Pipe's contribution is pretty consistent and since its not street legal, it s/b the last item tested. I realise this is asking a lot; but it would be more scientific and very cool
Installation takes a day, if it is to interrupt the measurements of, it will take 3 days
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #117
Turboedv6
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 Apline White Sportline 328
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

I was going to spray the stock intercooler with my nitrous set up from my Evo. It should do the trick.
__________________
2013 Alpine White 328xi Sport Line
2005 Summit White Chevy 2500 CC Duramax (stock F30 killer)
2005 Wicked White Evo 8 11.71 @ 117mph (stock turbo)
Turboedv6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #118
1GrayBulldog
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 113
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper328i View Post
Could you provide a bit more detail on the small revision needed to fit this intercooler to the F30 328i? I'm very interested in adding a FMIC too and I know the Forge unit for the 135i/335i has good reviews... thank you!
Long tube is simply inserted into the hose clamp and fastened.
short pipe from the turbine is pruned and connects to Forge pipe with the metal sleeve, which I made ​​on the lathe, the price is $ 10/
The only drawback is that the lower fastening of a radiator not reach their seats, but experience has shown that there is no negative impact.
Mileage tuning of around 30,000 km
The use of this intercooler has eliminated the dependence acceleration from the outdoor temperature, acceleration is always stable.

ps photos are not very good and parts are dirty, when reinstalling are made with 328i by 328xi
Perfect explanation and you posted pics too! You're awesome man, thank you for taking the time!

Doesn't look like it'll take much at all to retrofit a 335i inter cooler setup from the e90/92. I might give the VRSF a try since it seems to be so popular with that crowd...
1GrayBulldog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #119
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Bmw f30 328xi intake afe+bms st1+downpipe afe+intercooler forge 2400 km
Advan neova 08 225/45r18+255/40r18
98 ron
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #120
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
 
ScarecrowBoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEB

Posts: 868
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
Bmw f30 328xi intake afe+bms st1+downpipe afe+intercooler forge 2400 km
Advan neova 08 225/45r18+255/40r18
98 ron
Holy shit the sport transmission shifts fast....
__________________
12 BMW 328i
08 Range Rover Sport SC
ScarecrowBoat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #121
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

New result: bmw f30 328xi+bms st1+intake afe+downpipe afe+intercooler forge
98 ron

Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #122
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,523
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
New result: bmw f30 328xi+bms st1+intake afe+downpipe afe+intercooler forge
98 ron

Is that the default +3psi, or adjusted to +4? If not, try another one at +4 as with your mods, you should see another 7-10whp.

I also think with your current bolt ons, you will really benefit from what I see of stage 2/JB4.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #123
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Is that the default +3psi, or adjusted to +4? If not, try another one at +4 as with your mods, you should see another 7-10whp.

I also think with your current bolt ons, you will really benefit from what I see of stage 2/JB4.
Default +3psi
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #124
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,523
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
Default +3psi
Any reason not to try +4psi? The cable is good to have and you are running the required fuel anyway.

Your launch could be more aggressive and combine that with a bump in power, you might be looking at a 4.7 or so to 100kph.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #125
topcat87
Banned
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here

Posts: 357
iTrader: (3)

i noticed that the 2 canbus wires are tapped with installing stage 2

Last edited by topcat87; 05-04-2013 at 04:27 AM.
topcat87 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #126
metrathon
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vista, SoCal

Posts: 481
iTrader: (0)

Hey, what's the word on the availability of Stage 2?
__________________
2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li
2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Honda Civic | 2002 Citroen Xsara
metrathon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #127
ixse
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2015 boxster s
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CA

Posts: 358
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Hey, what's the word on the availability of Stage 2?
+1... is it even on it's way?.. last time i heard they didn't have the n26 vehicle to develop on..
ixse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #128
BRN55
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BR

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat87 View Post
i noticed that the 2 canbus wires are SPLICED with installing stage 2

In future if the tune is removed to upgrade to a a flash tune, its going to be troublesome to insulate the important exposed ecu wires.
Where did you see this? Link? I mean the instructions for STG 2? Curious.
BRN55 is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #129
topcat87
Banned
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here

Posts: 357
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF30 View Post
Where did you see this? Link? I mean the instructions for STG 2? Curious.
its on terry's forum open to public download. anyway i think it should be ok because they use quick connects so the hole is not large just seal it with tape next time.

i think theres nothing to worry about and to be expected whereas i think many other tunes ask u to splice wires urself
topcat87 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #130
Zluk
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 328i FBO
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Russian

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Use bms st2 two week with fbo on my 328xi n20 electric solenoid
0-60 km/h 2.2s
0-100 km /h 5.0s
0-150 km/h 10.6s
1/4m 13.3s 168.9km/h
Zluk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #131
BRN55
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BR

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat87 View Post
its on terry's forum open to public download. anyway i think it should be ok because they use quick connects so the hole is not large just seal it with tape next time.

i think theres nothing to worry about and to be expected whereas i think many other tunes ask u to splice wires urself
Cool. Always nice to avoid messing with wiring too much.
BRN55 is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #132
metrathon
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vista, SoCal

Posts: 481
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zluk View Post
Use bms st2 two week with fbo on my 328xi n20 electric solenoid
0-60 km/h 2.2s
0-100 km /h 5.0s
0-150 km/h 10.6s
1/4m 13.3s 168.9km/h
Not sure if to rejoice or be disappointed. With the advertised 4.9s with Stage 1 ONLY and NO other mods, i definitely didn't expect only 5.0s with Stage 2 plus other mods.

Someone got his numbers wrong.
__________________
2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li
2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Honda Civic | 2002 Citroen Xsara
metrathon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST