F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMS stage 1 Dyno Results
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #89
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I did a stock dyno and one with catback. I hope to dyno soon with catback and stage 1 at 3 and 4psi.
Do you have a 6mt or 8at ?
Also what was your stock whp ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #90
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe328i View Post
Do you have a 6mt or 8at ?
Also what was your stock whp ?
I have a 6mt.

I dynod on a load bearing Super Flo, not a Dynojet which has higher numbers.

I did 213/240tq stock and 220/260 with the catback

Add 7-10% to get an idea of Dynojet numbers.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #91
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I have a 6mt.

I dynod on a load bearing Super Flo, not a Dynojet which has higher numbers.

I did 213/240tq stock and 220/260 with the catback

Add 7-10% to get an idea of Dynojet numbers.
Nice, i also have a 6mt .
Did you use 98ron fuel when you did
The dyno? I think it is 93AKI in the U.S.

Do you have the S1 on now? If so is it what you expected it to be ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #92
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe328i View Post
Nice, i also have a 6mt .
Did you use 98ron fuel when you did
The dyno? I think it is 93AKI in the U.S.

Do you have the S1 on now? If so is it what you expected it to be ?
I had 93 octane in on the dyno.

Have S1 at 3psi, feels great, won't mind a bit mode that 4psi should offer. I run 93 anyway, might as well take advantage of the octane.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #93
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I had 93 octane in on the dyno.

Have S1 at 3psi, feels great, won't mind a bit mode that 4psi should offer. I run 93 anyway, might as well take advantage of the octane.
What is the default psi when you install the bms S1 ?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #94
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe328i View Post
What is the default psi when you install the bms S1 ?
+3
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #95
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
+3
Ok, thanks for the info.
Please update us when you run on +4 psi.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #96
XRS
Private First Class
3
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 335i E92 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Malaysia

iTrader: (1)

I did not adjust the boost so I guess I'm on +3psi. Please share your dyno if you have done it with +4psi.

Torque gains seems to be good but HP seems otherwise
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #97
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Anyone have the download link for the n55 software to load on the laptop to adjust for boost? I think I can get my summer wheels done on Friday!
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #98
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
504
Rep
15,314
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (88)

Default boost on stage1 out of the box is +3PSI

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #99
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Default boost on stage1 out of the box is +3PSI

Mike
Hello Mike,
Here in Sweden we have shell v-power
98.5 ron + 5% ethanol. My question is,
Can I use shell v-power and set the boost
To +4psi stage 1 ?
I have a 6mt.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #100
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe328i View Post
Hello Mike,
Here in Sweden we have shell v-power
98.5 ron + 5% ethanol. My question is,
Can I use shell v-power and set the boost
To +4psi stage 1 ?
I have a 6mt.
Hell yeah, your gas is better than ours-so why not?
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #101
brunox2
Private First Class
brunox2's Avatar
Brazil
4
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 AW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Parana/Brazil

iTrader: (0)

In the sports meter, on my 320i goes up to 160kWand 320nM.

My car, stock, stops at 141kW (tops) and 270nM. Hopefully after installed I wanna bit those numbers.

It's a good way to see if you have a good upgrade without the dyno right?

In 328i you probably have higher maximum numbers, or doesn't?
__________________
08' BMW ///M3 E92 AW

Last edited by brunox2; 03-19-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #102
crazybones
Second Lieutenant
crazybones's Avatar
5
Rep
239
Posts

Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Auto
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunox2 View Post
In the sports meter, on my 320i goes up to 160kWand 320nM.

My car, stock, stops at 141kW (tops) and 270nM. Hopefully after installed I wanna bit those numbers.

It's a good way to see if you have a good upgrade without the dyno right?

In 328i you probably have higher maximum numbers, or doesn't?
In interesting question which I also considered. If the sports meters do show the higher output of the upgrade, surely this could then be potentially logged by the car and give away the fact that it has been chipped even if the unit is removed prior to a service?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #103
mhdelarosa
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Carson, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunox2 View Post
In the sports meter, on my 320i goes up to 160kWand 320nM.

My car, stock, stops at 141kW (tops) and 270nM. Hopefully after installed I wanna bit those numbers.

It's a good way to see if you have a good upgrade without the dyno right?

In 328i you probably have higher maximum numbers, or doesn't?
In interesting question which I also considered. If the sports meters do show the higher output of the upgrade, surely this could then be potentially logged by the car and give away the fact that it has been chipped even if the unit is removed prior to a service?
My 328 w the tune doesn't show higher torque readings on the meter, but I can feel the difference when driving.
__________________
F30 328i Mineral Grey Metallic, M Perf Kit, M Perf Exhaust, Matte Black Kidney Grills, H&R Sport Springs, 19" Velgen VMB5 Rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #104
RJH
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Results from this tune, at this point, appear too inconsistent and subjective for my tastes - and at 18ish hp probably too small to notice - even to a well trained butt. Moreover, even the changes "under the line" don't point to more real world / usable performance. Also don't get this learning period thing - sounds like urban legend!
FYI: Some years ago I enjoyed good and bad experience chipping my Audi A4 w/2.0T. First chip promised big numbers and for the first few weeks I thought I felt something. But when others reported their disappointments, it confirmed I was fooling myself. I later replaced the chip with one from GIAC - which had years of well documented (though more modest) gains and had been fully sorted out. With this tune, the difference was very obvious and real; especially in day to day driving.

I appreciate the early adopters, and the minute I'm convinced that this or that other piggy-back with the blue light actually delivers 30+ whp and 50+ torque, and in the meat of the power range...and without surprises...my check is in the mail. Until then I gotta sit on the fence, with crossed fingers.
[u2b], [/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #105
brunox2
Private First Class
brunox2's Avatar
Brazil
4
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 AW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Parana/Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdelarosa View Post
My 328 w the tune doesn't show higher torque readings on the meter, but I can feel the difference when driving.
No torque difference, and the power?
__________________
08' BMW ///M3 E92 AW
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #106
Erik.klenke
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Durham, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
Results from this tune, at this point, appear too inconsistent and subjective for my tastes - and at 18ish hp probably too small to notice - even to a well trained butt. Moreover, even the changes "under the line" don't point to more real world / usable performance. Also don't get this learning period thing - sounds like urban legend!
FYI: Some years ago I enjoyed good and bad experience chipping my Audi A4 w/2.0T. First chip promised big numbers and for the first few weeks I thought I felt something. But when others reported their disappointments, it confirmed I was fooling myself. I later replaced the chip with one from GIAC - which had years of well documented (though more modest) gains and had been fully sorted out. With this tune, the difference was very obvious and real; especially in day to day driving.

I appreciate the early adopters, and the minute I'm convinced that this or that other piggy-back with the blue light actually delivers 30+ whp and 50+ torque, and in the meat of the power range...and without surprises...my check is in the mail. Until then I gotta sit on the fence, with crossed fingers.
[u2b], [/u2b]
After I installed my BMS Piggy Back, the difference was immediately very noticeable; to my butt and to the stopwatch. My 0-60 time dropped from 5.7 to 4.9; taken right before and right after install. My previous car was 07 GTI with an APR Stage 1, which also advertises around 30 to 40 hp increase. I think the BMS piggy back was even more pronounced than the APR Stage 1. I have no doubt it's adding at least 30 to 40 hp in my car. It does seem that the results people are having are a little inconsistent, but the majority of people seem to be very satisfied. Best option would be to try it for your self. Very easy install and I believe they offer a 14 day money back guarantee.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #107
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
45
Rep
3,469
Posts

Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdelarosa View Post
My 328 w the tune doesn't show higher torque readings on the meter, but I can feel the difference when driving.
Seriously? Do you believe the sports meters? They are only a very basic guide and cannot be taken seriously. The main point is you can feel the difference and it is very noticeable.
__________________
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #108
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
51
Rep
3,586
Posts

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Seriously? Do you believe the sports meters? They are only a very basic guide and cannot be taken seriously. The main point is you can feel the difference and it is very noticeable.
The meter gets info from the standard sensors data, a piggyback might bypass that info from getting to the meter.

The meter is a silly thing anyway, I would not use it to gauge anything.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #109
brunox2
Private First Class
brunox2's Avatar
Brazil
4
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 AW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Parana/Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
The meter gets info from the standard sensors data, a piggyback might bypass that info from getting to the meter.

The meter is a silly thing anyway, I would not use it to gauge anything.
It's not a perfect way, of course!

Ans since piggyback bypass that, useless. However is a certain way.
__________________
08' BMW ///M3 E92 AW
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #110
swe328i
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i f30
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Can I run +6psi on stage 1 if I use
101 or 103 oktan fuel ?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST