F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > which one should I buy guys.
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
You have my vote for the Audi S5.
lol, thank you, its a cool car with good performance
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
1M dude...it is THE ultimate driving machine out there right now.
this is rly a battle between what i need and what my family need, i personally like 1M, best performance under my budget, but its too small, rly hard choice for me.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
+1. But given what you said about income not being stable, and with a baby on the way, I would wonder if your GTI or a Honda cr-v is a better choice. I do know people who have used 4 door GTI's with 2 kids just fine with proper packing.

That said, if it really is stable enough "for these cars" and to make sure your family is secure and baby fed, 335 or X3. I have a hard time telling anyone with a baby on the way and an income that isn't stable to buy any BMW or Audi though.

thx m8, i got a GTI already, so i looking for to buy another one, the income is enough for buying anyway, business income is sometimes vary u know, hope i got good luck and have a nice year ;p
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (0)

Yeah I just meant keeping the GTI you already have to save money for diapers

I prefer more security than to "hope" to have a good year and good luck in order to afford my cars and feed my family, but maybe you're more confident and your income is more stable than the words you're choosing indicate..
chrisny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #27
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23
IMO the S5 is leaps and bounds better looking than the S4, one of the sexiest cars on the road.
+1 I had one and it is far more aggressive looking than the bland, muted looks of the S4. Wider fenders, etc.
chrisny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Yeah I just meant keeping the GTI you already have to save money for diapers

I prefer more security than to "hope" to have a good year and good luck in order to afford my cars and feed my family, but maybe you're more confident and stable than the words you're choosing indicate..
oh right, i got it, i will think about it, thank you.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #29
bizzyqu
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)

M135i seems perfect for you (wish we had it in US). You get the performance, utility, and isn't that pricey for what you get. Also a good age for that kind of car.
__________________
07 E83 BSM Sport-->10 E90 335i xDrive BSM M-Sport-->(current) 13 F30 335i xDrive EBII M-Sport
bizzyqu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
M135i seems perfect for you (wish we had it in US). You get the performance, utility, and isn't that pricey for what you get. Also a good age for that kind of car.
You aren't the onyl one...I want a 3-door M135i! It should be about $35k-40k...which would be perfect. Efficient, good looks, and sporty in one small package.
turbolag is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #31
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
M135i seems perfect for you (wish we had it in US). You get the performance, utility, and isn't that pricey for what you get. Also a good age for that kind of car.
wow, no m135 in US? , unbelievable, its such a nice car.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #32
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo89810 View Post
this is rly a battle between what i need and what my family need, i personally like 1M, best performance under my budget, but its too small, rly hard choice for me.
Why list 2 door cars if the family's involved?
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #33
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Why list 2 door cars if the family's involved?
well, in my opinion 2 door coupe is enough for take 2 adult and 1 kid, but most of my family dont think so.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #34
Geekenstein
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 328i 6mt with tech package
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: US

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

1M hatchback hands down. Wish we could get it in the states. Or any RWD hatch for that matter.
Geekenstein is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #35
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo89810
well, in my opinion 2 door coupe is enough for take 2 adult and 1 kid, but most of my family dont think so.
Try putting a baby in a car seat back there just once and you'll understand what your family means..

I got rid of an S5 for this reason and that was much bigger than a 1. Once question though, is this going to be your only car or primary family car for the 3 of you?
chrisny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #36
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Try putting a baby in a car seat back there just once and you'll understand what your family means..

I got rid of an S5 for this reason and that was much bigger than a 1. Once question though, is this going to be your only car or primary family car for the 3 of you?
not the only car, but it going to be the primary one, i got a GTI also. anyway i have already convinced myself to buy a big car rather than a performance car.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #37
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekenstein View Post
1M hatchback hands down. Wish we could get it in the states. Or any RWD hatch for that matter.
u mean M135? its cool but it not a rly M car, just performance enhanced by M division, still it manage to be the one of the best hatchback, maybe betten than audi rs3 in my opinion
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #38
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
 
drob23's Avatar
 
Drives: S4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,684
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo89810 View Post
u mean M135? its cool but it not a rly M car, just performance enhanced by M division, still it manage to be the one of the best hatchback, maybe betten than audi rs3 in my opinion
It's definitely better than the RS3, FWD hatch's are fun up to a point, then the laws of physics take over and you're left with a torque steering monster. Maybe someone with a 600 WHP GTI will disagree, but I would be plenty happy with a Focus ST (minus the disastrous styling).

Although that new A45 AMG hatch does look pretty damn sexy, could you get that (although it's not available yet, but maybe in a couple months)? Knowing that some guy named Hanz made your engine by himself is icing on the cake.

__________________
UNDRSTR
drob23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #39
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo89810
not the only car, but it going to be the primary one, i got a GTI also. anyway i have already convinced myself to buy a big car rather than a performance car.
Ok.. Was going to say, I got rid of my S5 because I had my first kid on the way, but he's almost 3 now and I've yet to NEED to put him in it because it's not our primary family car, so regretted it.

That said, my vote is 335. I'm every bit as happy with mine (xi, Msport, DH package) as I was with the S5, yet I have 2 more doors, a flat back seat (instead of buckets), and more rear leg room. Far more practical, yet just as fun.
chrisny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #40
leo89810
Enlisted Member
 
leo89810's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
It's definitely better than the RS3, FWD hatch's are fun up to a point, then the laws of physics take over and you're left with a torque steering monster. Maybe someone with a 600 WHP GTI will disagree, but I would be plenty happy with a Focus ST (minus the disastrous styling).

Although that new A45 AMG hatch does look pretty damn sexy, could you get that (although it's not available yet, but maybe in a couple months)? Knowing that some guy named Hanz made your engine by himself is icing on the cake.

oh yeah this A45 AMG is just so incredible, i guess it will be my replacement of GTI if the price is not sky high. for now, i think i will buy a x3 or 5 series sedan or GT to take care of my family.
leo89810 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST