F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damaged already....
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant
Steve_M_Sport's Avatar
United Kingdom
12
Rep
436
Posts

Drives: F31 330D M Sport Touring
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

Damaged already....

Some b@st@rd has hit my car and damaged it already and it is only 6 days old. No note left of course ! Too deep to polish out.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Some b@st@rd has hit my car and damaged it already and it is only 6 days old. No note left of course ! Too deep to polish out.

Feel gutted for you have had this in past and heart wrenching, hope you get it back 100%, people dont care i parked in local supermarket one days miles from anyone and a lady drew up beside me and i could not hardly get out of my car
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Johnny5iv3
Private
Johnny5iv3's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: F30 320i MSport EBII
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manchester, UK

iTrader: (0)

Seeing that just makes me angry! Some people are just total sh!t at driving and don't give a toss about their own cars never mind others.

Hope you can get it sorted soon mate.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (1)

Living in NYC, I've had scratches of that type almost non stop on previous coupe. I used to use paint and clear coat combo that I bought at dealership and did the job fine. I used to clean it with powdered household cleaner to remove dirt and minor paint residue and then apply the paint with brush slowly. To make you feel a little better this is the damage to my current car. I was parked and still in the car
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
14
Rep
536
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Feel gutted for you have had this in past and heart wrenching, hope you get it back 100%, people dont care i parked in local supermarket one days miles from anyone and a lady drew up beside me and i could not hardly get out of my car
It makes you wonder should you buy a new car. Gut renching
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
Mav12
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: '12 F30 335i / '01 S54 Mcoupe
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgandashvili
Living in NYC, I've had scratches of that type almost non stop on previous coupe. I used to use paint and clear coat combo that I bought at dealership and did the job fine. I used to clean it with powdered household cleaner to remove dirt and minor paint residue and then apply the paint with brush slowly. To make you feel a little better this is the damage to my current car. I was parked and still in the car
Where is that screenshot from exactly? A camera u have set up on the dash?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
Saby
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
430
Posts

Drives: F30 330d Msport+
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Warwickshire,uk

iTrader: (0)

I feel for you mate I'll be mad too, I would recommend to go to bmw smart repair as the damage on the edge of the panel and being new car they very likely would be able to fix it without painting the whole bumper. I did have good experience with smart repair with my previous car on the side skirt as they blended in nicely and it was a year old paint but they use original bmw paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav12 View Post
Where is that screenshot from exactly? A camera u have set up on the dash?
Smn slashed my tires and wrote some hate message on my hood several months ago so I got the dual dash camera and later a parking spot too. It is mounted next to rearview mirror and plugged in the trunk console. Can't really see if from outside.
during the accident the other driver actually claimed I hit her and police wrote report all messed up, gave me sh** and her insurance denied any payment to me consequently. But as soon as they saw the photos they took 100% responsibility.
I def recommend it. Feel much safer driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
changed
First Lieutenant
changed's Avatar
4
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: F31 Msport EBII
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

ouch.. hope it gets sorted m8 that drives you mad.

i'm hoping the ahole that keyed the bonnet on my 1coupe on my drive when it was weeks old inst still around when my F31 gets delivered..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgandashvili View Post
Living in NYC, I've had scratches of that type almost non stop on previous coupe. I used to use paint and clear coat combo that I bought at dealership and did the job fine. I used to clean it with powdered household cleaner to remove dirt and minor paint residue and then apply the paint with brush slowly. To make you feel a little better this is the damage to my current car. I was parked and still in the car
Have you a link to more info on the camera and where you get them as over to NYC soon, thanks Derek
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
JRINNS
Private First Class
JRINNS's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Have you a link to more info on the camera and where you get them as over to NYC soon, thanks Derek
The clue is in the screenshot http://www.vacron.com/

cant seem to find a UK stockist but the http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhaw...ar-camera.html looks to be near identical regarding the screenshot layout
__________________
BMW E90 325i MSport 146000 and counting - Gone and will be missed.
Range Rover Evoque White Dynamic - Gone
Audi A5 Cab
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
220
Rep
4,624
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

So sorry about the damage. It's most upsetting and I feel for you.
Same thing happened to me to my front bumper along the edge, but the buggers waited 2 weeks. It was perfectly repaired by a smart fix by BMW.
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
The clue is in the screenshot http://www.vacron.com/

cant seem to find a UK stockist but the http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhaw...ar-camera.html looks to be near identical regarding the screenshot layout
So i need i new pair of glasses as well never noticed it thanks, will have a search on net
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
So i need i new pair of glasses as well never noticed it thanks, will have a search on net
Sure. I got mine zetronix.com as they had the best price. On that site its called zblackbox 2000HD. I found one on ebay as well by more expensive. I wanted a dual cam (inside, outside recording) and this one was the smallest I found. If you only need exterior recording, blackvue.com has good ones too.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
139
Rep
4,851
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5iv3 View Post
Seeing that just makes me angry! Some people are just total sh!t at driving and don't give a toss about their own cars never mind others.

Hope you can get it sorted soon mate.
+1 F#ckers ........and the reason I park in the furthest corner in any parking lot.

Hope you get it sorted.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
crazybones
Second Lieutenant
crazybones's Avatar
5
Rep
250
Posts

Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Auto
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
+1 F#ckers ........and the reason I park in the furthest corner in any parking lot.

Hope you get it sorted.
You're not alone in parking in the furthest corner or top of a multi storey. However, isn't it amazing the number of times that you return to your car, only to find another car parked close in the adjacent bay!

A friend has just bought an Evoque and parked in the far corner of Sainsburys car park, only to come back and find an old Defender parked really close. It obviously was showing some Land Rover love - they were the only 2 cars in the row. He was not amused
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
venkata
Lieutenant
venkata's Avatar
United Kingdom
9
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: F30 320D MSport EBII
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to here...
I know exactly how this feels. Had it in my E46 2 weeks into owning it. Some car swiped it and left no note. Cost me £350. Didn't bother going through insurance as it would cost more in the long run.
__________________
Gone: E46 320D Sport | Silver Grey | Xenon | Heated Leather | Rain Sensors | M Sports package II
Driving: http://mybmw.co.uk/x1j0z7b7 | F30 320D ///M-Sport | EBII | Black Leather | Visibility Pack | Adaptive Suspension | Media Pro Pack | | Enhanced Bluetooth | BMW Apps | Sports Auto | Sun Protection Glass | EU6 BluePerformance Diesel | Black Performance Grill | Performance Spoiler |
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
139
Rep
4,851
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
You're not alone in parking in the furthest corner or top of a multi storey. However, isn't it amazing the number of times that you return to your car, only to find another car parked close in the adjacent bay!

A friend has just bought an Evoque and parked in the far corner of Sainsburys car park, only to come back and find an old Defender parked really close. It obviously was showing some Land Rover love - they were the only 2 cars in the row. He was not amused
Yes it is amazing to come back and find someone parked tight up next to you. What I don't realise is that the worst drivers, the ones that can't manage parking in a normal space, seek out loners like mine and use them as a parking reference. .....scary thought.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
12
Rep
711
Posts

Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (0)

The annoying thing is if I catch someone vandalising my car and I subsequently beat them to death, I'M the one in the wrong?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26
Rep
1,965
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

What do you think of this camera?

http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=16
__________________
2014 335i MSport AW
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #21
RobUK
Major
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
21
Rep
1,100
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
To the OP, really sorry to hear about the damage - had the same happen to me on a car that was 2 weeks old. Parked at a supermarket, away from everyone else and some f&£kwit parked next to me and opened their door into mine leaving a nice dent smack bang in the middle of the drivers door! Know just how you feel

Knowing that the vast majority of the supermarket-going British public are a bunch of lazy, ignorant, selfish b@$t@rd$ who can't even be *rsed to push their trolleys back to a trolley bay, who park as near as possible to the entrance cos they're too bone idle to walk, and who feast on McDonalds only to drop their litter next to the car before driving off... (I'm holding back here! ) I always park away from anyone in the farthest corner possible.

What I'd give to have an ED 209 standing guard over my pride'n'joy while I'm away...
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
oop north
Private First Class
6
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: Subaru Outback 3.0R
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
No personal experience but I believe a few Discovery owners have them fitted (you might find some reference if you do a search on disco3.co.uk)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST