F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > WARNING Lease Programs next month to change for the WORSE! LOCK IN RATES NOW(March)!
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Exclamation WARNING Lease Programs next month to change for the WORSE! LOCK IN RATES NOW(March)!



Public Service Announcement from a Reputable source over on the 'fest, he's the Admin and a dealer, and he's always on point with his 411.



He posted today:

Quote:
A WORD to the WISE: Order your 3ers or 5ers Now (in March) and get your rates locked,
otherwise you will be very sorry... You can quote me on that.
and
Quote:

So either buy from stock now, order and lock rates, or forever hold your peace.
No poop, you will hate yourself if you don't heed my advice...
If you are lingering, do it before April 1st as it seems like you will be sorry if you don't!

Last edited by kromix; 03-22-2013 at 10:17 PM.
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,447
iTrader: (0)

Why not, there's a sucker born every day.

It is alway smart to lock in rates when you can so you have more than one month's program to choose from. But they don't know lease rates until they're released. So I wouldn't put much stock into a salesman trying to drum up sales...
chrisny is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
itwasepic
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The North

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Not sure about you but since my purchase was a build/order, the dealer is going to give me the better of the two rates: 1. Rate at time of order or 2. Rate at time of delivery. I have it in writing.

However, this mine is a a financing scenario.
itwasepic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
tturedraider
Captain
 
tturedraider's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Sonora 330i NA N52 :-)
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)

Posts: 719
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Why not, there's a sucker born every day.

It is alway smart to lock in rates when you can so you have more than one month's program to choose from. But they don't know lease rates until they're released. So I wouldn't put much stock into a salesman trying to drum up sales...
Not just some salesman trying to drum up business. You'd be unwise not to put stock in this individual's information.
tturedraider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Not just some salesman trying to drum up business. You'd be unwise not to put stock in this individual's information.
Exactly, this isn't my CA telling me this so I can sign on the dotted line. He has no stake in this. Trust the source.
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Sucks because I really can't take advantage of this. I want a ED for July 15, so no matter what I do, I will lose something or the other. I'm thinking the $1000 cash incentive will go away, but to compensate for that, the residuals might be a bit off-set. Just my own opinion btw...
ssedha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Sucks because I really can't take advantage of this. I want a ED for July 15, so no matter what I do, I will lose something or the other. I'm thinking the $1000 cash incentive will go away, but to compensate for that, the residuals might be a bit off-set. Just my own opinion btw...
Doesn't sound very offsetting the way Jon is mentioning it.... MOVE THE ED DATE UP!!
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
chrisny
Colonel
 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,447
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider
Not just some salesman trying to drum up business. You'd be unwise not to put stock in this individual's information.
Not unwise, I already have my car.. But like I said, locking in a rate to get multiple programs (months) to choose from is always a good idea, regardless of any warning from any "source"
chrisny is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
ichibanb18c
Private
 
Drives: 2014 328i Touring xDrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

So how do you lock in rates etc if there is no residual value or money factor yet on the new car?
ichibanb18c is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
on which car?
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,998
iTrader: (0)

can 320i be ordered yet?
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
ichibanb18c
Private
 
Drives: 2014 328i Touring xDrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
on which car?
2014 328i xDrive sports wagon
__________________
www.f31touring.com

2014 328i Touring xDrive
ichibanb18c is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
can 320i be ordered yet?
Yes they can.

Last edited by kromix; 03-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
Doesn't sound very offsetting the way Jon is mentioning it.... MOVE THE ED DATE UP!!
I can't. I already had a trip planned to London & EU to go watch the Ashes. This seemed to be a nice way to get the BMW. I just can't move it ahead since before I planned the BMW purchase, I already had my tickets etc. booked. Well it's ok. I guess I'll have to see what I lose when it's April 2nd...
ssedha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
sarafil
First Lieutenant
 
sarafil's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 335
iTrader: (1)

Jon's warning mostly applies to folks looking at 2013 F30 and F10 models. Not really applicable on 2014 models.
__________________
2011 BMW 335i xDrive Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 Mini Cooper S JCW -- 2006 MZ4 Roadster -- 2002 325i Sedan -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
sarafil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Sucks that the East Coast can only lock in for 60 days but the West Coast can lock in for 90. I would have happily finalized my deal this month and signed the lease papers by end of June for a July 15th delivery date... Unfortunately looks like I'm going to lose out on the lease deal and most likely the lease cash. I just hope that the Loyalty is still there + if I'm going the AH3 route, the EcoCredit is still available. That still wouldn't be too bad. Unless of course the residuals are changed a bit too...
ssedha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Sucks that the East Coast can only lock in for 60 days but the West Coast can lock in for 90. I would have happily finalized my deal this month and signed the lease papers by end of June for a July 15th delivery date... Unfortunately looks like I'm going to lose out on the lease deal and most likely the lease cash. I just hope that the Loyalty is still there + if I'm going the AH3 route, the EcoCredit is still available. That still wouldn't be too bad. Unless of course the residuals are changed a bit too...
From the sounds of it, Residual Decay is coming too...
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
From the sounds of it, Residual Decay is coming too...
Well, I emailed the Sales Manager - he said he will check what he can do. If nothing is worked out, I guess I'll have to wait till the numbers get better (probably end of year). Which means, no ED this year. I'm not going to get into something that will not make financial sense. They say Patience is Virtue! Who knows. By the looks of it, seems lik:
a) I'm not gonna have a chance to get the MY14 for a July 15th ED.
b) EVEN if the MY14 was somehow available, the lease / incentives will be non-existent.
c) Its looking more & more like I will not be able to do this ED on July 15th, unless I'm willing to lose the incentives AND the residual decay which will likely result in a higher monthly...
ssedha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
kromix
Captain
 
Drives: '13 328i F30
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Well, I emailed the Sales Manager - he said he will check what he can do. If nothing is worked out, I guess I'll have to wait till the numbers get better (probably end of year). Which means, no ED this year. I'm not going to get into something that will not make financial sense. They say Patience is Virtue! Who knows. By the looks of it, seems lik:
a) I'm not gonna have a chance to get the MY14 for a July 15th ED.
b) EVEN if the MY14 was somehow available, the lease / incentives will be non-existent.
c) Its looking more & more like I will not be able to do this ED on July 15th, unless I'm willing to lose the incentives AND the residual decay which will likely result in a higher monthly...

I agree I only order the cars when they make financial sense, which is when the numbers/incentives are strong. When they suck, they suck, and you have to accept it. Take the X1 for example, its what a few thousand less than a 3er (MSRP), yet to lease one is more expensive because the numbers suck and no incentive.

I have mine on order currently in production, hopefully by May when I take delivery the numbers will be even stronger then March and get me an even better deal
kromix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #20
SJ00
Major
 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast

Posts: 1,278
iTrader: (0)

my dad once told me, buying something at a premium when youre rich is cheaper than buying something at a discount when you're poor.
SJ00 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
Iron Man
Captain
 
Iron Man's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 128i Alpinweiß/Korallenrot
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

Posts: 614
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
my dad once told me, buying something at a premium when youre rich is cheaper than buying something at a discount when you're poor.
Then again, buying too many things at a premium when you are rich, can make you poor.
Iron Man is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
Kabrich
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

I ordered my car 2/28 to lock in Feb rates. Told i could take deal at time of deliver if better.

Knew Feb rates.

Checked in March - rates were the same.

Checked in April - had not read this thread - rates were the same.

Car came in - signed deal 5/3.

Residual increased, not decreased. As thus, rates went down, not up.

No idea what this thread was about - unless the OP was talking about the destination charges increasing from $895 to $925 on cars ordered now - but an end of the world warning for a $30 one time price increase, while residuals and monthly payments went down, seems extreme.
Kabrich is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST