F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > DINANTRONICS + MPPK Now Available!
GetBMWParts

11-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

DINANTRONICS + MPPK Now Available!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
DINANTRONICS is now MPPK compatible! After a much anticipated wait we are pleased to now unveil our M-Performance Software (MPPK) compatible tunes for the F30 335i and F32/33/36 435i. Now your already MPPK enhanced vehicle can be stepped up to yet another level of performance.

There are quite a few different variations of this tune considering all the different variables (Electronic wastegate vs. mechanical wastegate & manual vs. automatic transmission) so power numbers do fluctuate a bit. Below is a sample power graph of one of those variations.

Name:  335i_435i_EWG_MPPK_Auto_Stage_1_1.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  175.8 KB

For more specific details and performance numbers for your application, click here for the 335i, and here for the 435i. From there you can select your specific application and then click on the pictures/videos tab to see the corresponding graphs for your individual setup.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Last edited by Dinan_Engineering; 11-12-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
M-terkait
Captain
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Send a message via Skype™ to M-terkait
any difference from stock not MPPK cars?
H&R swaybars(F&R), Apex EC-7
PureTurboStage 1
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
25lbs more torque and 5 more horsepower...

That's not too bad for those of us who've had a PPK for 2 years and looking for some supplemental gains
      11-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
F32 N55
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 AW F32 N55 M-Sport

So MPPK is what, $1300 plus labor? And the Dinan is $1999 much on top of that? So $4K stacked?

Will the BMW warranty still be honored?

Those number are nice though.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stock cars with DINANTRONICS measured at roughly 360 HP / 392 ft-lb
Cars w/ MPPK coupled with DINANTRONICS measured at roughly 364 HP / 430 ft-lb. So yes, there is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
Will the BMW warranty still be honored?
Like all Dinan products the DINANTRONICS Performance tuner is no different and we offer a factory matching 4yr/50k mile new car warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
M-terkait
Captain
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Send a message via Skype™ to M-terkait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Cars w/ MPPK coupled with DINANTRONICS measured at roughly 364 HP / 430 ft-lb. So yes, there is a difference.
yeah but as your graph says its EWg not Pnu , 20tq is really nothing my friend does 295whp stock N55 in 135i , i do 298whp fullbolts ,straight pipe pure turbo . both same dyno. i guess its just a error+/- 5% of power
not sure if Mppk will help or i would have had different reads as i have MPPK too stacked with jb4 which completely discards MPPK effect ( fast shifts , which mostly missed )
H&R swaybars(F&R), Apex EC-7
PureTurboStage 1
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
Mike_L
Tech Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Any reason why you can't make the power the same as with the MPPK.
      11-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
Agamemnon
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix EB2, Mppk, Akra

If the torque numbers are right it must be getting close to the AT8's limitations. I am sure Dinan factored that into their programming.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah but as your graph says its EWg not Pnu , 20tq is really nothing my friend does 295whp stock N55 in 135i , i do 298whp fullbolts ,straight pipe pure turbo . both same dyno. i guess its just a error+/- 5% of power
not sure if Mppk will help or i would have had different reads as i have MPPK too stacked with jb4 which completely discards MPPK effect ( fast shifts , which mostly missed )
Correct, assuming its a mechanical wastegate (and automatic transmission) it would be a 365/417 mark instead of the 364/430 (EWG Auto). We measured the stock version of that vehicle at 320/365. What really needs to be looked at is the delta. No matter what your stock car measures at, the delta should remain consistent. At the peak you should see a 40 HP jump no matter what. This assumes an otherwise stock vehicle however since other components can have a positive or negative effect on those numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Any reason why you can't make the power the same as with the MPPK.
The MPPK is essentially a software flash that accurately remaps the power. Essentially this creates a higher baseline to start from. Our goal at Dinan is to maximize the power that we can extract from the car while maintaining stock drivability. We aren't simply targeting a boost number where no matter if it had a PPK solution equipped or not it would make the same power. We instead gear our tuning solutions to maximum power output without sacrificing smooth driving characteristics. Since the MPPK makes this threshold higher we in turn are able to increase the tuned threshold as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
auf Deutsche
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M sport

Garage List
2014 435xi  [4.50]
The factory rated HP is 335 (not 320, which is the old/original MPPK of the E series N55, I believe). Just FYI

That 430 tq figure looks juicy good. But for me personally, I'd need a hp figure close to 400 to justify the cost given that I have only 2 years left on my lease. Nice work nonetheless.

Last edited by auf Deutsche; 11-12-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #12
Mike_L
Tech Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If the torque numbers are right it must be getting close to the AT8's limitations. I am sure Dinan factored that into their programming.
Wouldn't worry about it. Manufacturers grossly under rate their transmissions. The 8HP45Z is rated for 450NM (331ft/lbs). I wouldn't think twice feeding it 700NM (516ft/lbs). I fed the 6L90E in my CTS-V an extra 150ft/lbs and it held up fine. Same with the 5A580 in my Jeep SRT8. Handled an extra 150ft/lbs until I started beating on it.

The manual is far, far, weaker than the automatic.

Last edited by Mike_L; 11-12-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
F**Enthusiast
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: His F32 way too fast.

Garage List
Holy crap that's nearly the same amount of torque as an F8x! I'd consider anyone who does this and doesn't upgrade their springs and brakes to MBBK crazy. Awesome job Dinan, you just may have a future customer here!

A quick question : do you plan on having Dinan springs for the XDrive F3x?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Enthusiast View Post
A quick question : do you plan on having Dinan springs for the XDrive F3x?
Depends on which F3x you are ultimately referring to. F30 springs for xDrive already exist. The 435 (F32) xDrive has been a little harder to get a development vehicle for (the 435 Dinan owns is only RWD). Being in California, all wheel vehicles aren't exactly plentiful since there is little need for them. It is still planned but we need a test vehicle to design them for. We havebeen actively looking but no such success as of yet. If anyone knows anyone in the bay area thats willing to loan us a vehicle for suspension development I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded in free parts and labor and the undying gratitude of your fellow forum members. =)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #15
Vegetable
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Wouldn't worry about it. Manufacturers grossly under rate their transmissions. The 8HP45Z is rated for 450NM (331ft/lbs). I wouldn't think twice feeding it 700NM (516ft/lbs). I fed the 6L90E in my CTS-V an extra 150ft/lbs and it held up fine. Same with the 5A580 in my Jeep SRT8. Handled an extra 150ft/lbs until I started beating on it.

The manual is far, far, weaker than the automatic.
How do you know the manual is far, far weaker? This isn't a rhetorical question.. I really want to know where this info is coming from.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #16
Mike_L
Tech Guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
How do you know the manual is far, far weaker? This isn't a rhetorical question.. I really want to know where this info is coming from.
Because there are threads of guys killing them stock. And notice that Dinan allows them less torque? Well, thats why.

Heres a recent one. http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1028795 Bunch of failures, all with low mileage.
      11-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #17
auf Deutsche
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M sport

Garage List
2014 435xi  [4.50]
Any rough timeframe on a stage 2 and what, if any upgraded components such as intake and exhaust will be required?
      11-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #18
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche View Post
Any rough timeframe on a stage 2 and what, if any upgraded components such as intake and exhaust will be required?
For stage 2, upgraded intake and exhaust will be required. Stage 2 is really just waiting on the finalization of the CAI. The CAI is done engineering wise from what I have been told and is out in manufacturing/production. Rough timeline for that to be available for sale would be a bit after the first of the year. With the holidays upon us and all of those dead dates in there I would be remiss if I thought it would make it out before the first of the year.

What I do know of the CAI is it will be part carbon fiber but now wholly carbon fiber to keep the cost down at a reasonable level. Since nothing has been confirmed I won't assume to know the price but the rumor around here is that it will be VERY palatable especially considering that carbon fiber is being used. Performance wise no final numbers have been released since engineering likes to test fit a first article of the final production run and test that before committing to those numbers. However if it is anything like our test numbers on our prototype we released out on the M235i a couple months back it appears to be a roughly 7-10 HP gain. All speculation on my part but that's the best I can offer.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #19
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
For stage 2, upgraded intake and exhaust will be required. Stage 2 is really just waiting on the finalization of the CAI. The CAI is done engineering wise from what I have been told and is out in manufacturing/production. Rough timeline for that to be available for sale would be a bit after the first of the year. With the holidays upon us and all of those dead dates in there I would be remiss if I thought it would make it out before the first of the year.

What I do know of the CAI is it will be part carbon fiber but now wholly carbon fiber to keep the cost down at a reasonable level. Since nothing has been confirmed I won't assume to know the price but the rumor around here is that it will be VERY palatable especially considering that carbon fiber is being used. Performance wise no final numbers have been released since engineering likes to test fit a first article of the final production run and test that before committing to those numbers. However if it is anything like our test numbers on our prototype we released out on the M235i a couple months back it appears to be a roughly 7-10 HP gain. All speculation on my part but that's the best I can offer.
awesome!

I'll hold out to do all of it together...any timelines on oil cooler and air intercooler?
      11-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
awesome!

I'll hold out to do all of it together...any timelines on oil cooler and air intercooler?
I know both those are being worked on along with sway bars, differentials, and a few other bits and pieces. All in various stages of development. No definitive dates or release goals have been set as far as I am aware but just by the eyeball test you will see them all sooner rather than later with the oil cooler being the exception as that is still early in development.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
DVC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
For all those insisting that there would be no difference, the silence is deafening...

Seriously though, while the HP is about the same, the increased torque by stacking on top of PPK is very impressive. Is the MPPK tune more aggressive than the regular tune (almost like a "stage 1.5"), or is it roughly the same level of "tune", just magnified a bit because it's stacked?

Comparing the two charts is interesting as well: it looks like the torque curve is flatter with the stock cars, and the HP curve is a little flatter with the PPK cars... and the Dinan tunes maintain consistency with these characteristics, but bump everything up higher pretty much evenly.
      11-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
DVC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche View Post
The factory rated HP is 335 (not 320, which is the old/original MPPK of the E series N55, I believe). Just FYI
Mechanical wastegate PPK cars (including F30s) were 320 - the increased 335 figure came about in 7/13 with the change over to EWG.