F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 335i M Performance Power Kit INSTALLED (Review)
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #45
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
43

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,121
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
I wouldn't call it underwhelming for the MT crowd I'd call it as expected per specs given by BMW. I've never driven an M3 so can't comment but I sure am a hellof a lot more confident if one pulls up next to me and I wasn't before of that makes sense.
yeah, totally hear ya...I would imagine since the F30 is lighter than the E90, and given that this version has an intake, we should be pretty comparable to an E90 M3 (stock).

I can't wait for autox and track days at Lime Rock so I can really test it at the limits...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #46
TreDirtyFive
Captain
United_States
21

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 918
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
yeah, totally hear ya...I would imagine since the F30 is lighter than the E90, and given that this version has an intake, we should be pretty comparable to an E90 M3 (stock).

I can't wait for autox and track days at Lime Rock so I can really test it at the limits...
wait, comparable to an M3? really?
__________________
335 F30 MSport: N55.Tech.NAV.+
135 DCT:N55.Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
X-335 E92: Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
Audi A3: Sports.Tech.NAV.sways.DP.K2 Coils.Flash.etc
X-67 Baracuda Fastback: DragGears.Sway.etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #47
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis


Posts: 1,779
iTrader: (0)

lol I'm sure he didn't mean M3...

ppk only? No way.

JB4 Stage 2 + DP would give it a run in the quarter mile but probably need meth/E85 to best a M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #48
buildbright
Captain
9

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Don't need much to beat an M3 in the quarter. It's not made for drag racing and its tricky to get good times out of it. An M3 is built for corners and that's what makes it great.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
13

 
DarkTrigger's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal


Posts: 973
iTrader: (0)

I'd like to know if I gotta get the ASS reprogrammed once I get the MPPK cuz that'll be fun... 9/12 build
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #50
Dinh335
Captain
16

 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA


Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
lol I'm sure he didn't mean M3...

ppk only? No way.

JB4 Stage 2 + DP would give it a run in the quarter mile but probably need meth/E85 to best a M3.
I don't think he meant it seriously... Fwiw in my op I clearly said its not like it's an m3 all of a sudden.... Just making sure this doesn't turn into a 335ppk vs m3 Internet drag race thread
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS/
2015 Tanzanite Blue M3 on order, due January 2015.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #51
roundel335
Brigadier General
United_States
40

 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leland, NC


Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Seems like a dash plaque would have been a better idea than stickers. "Those stickers, they are for a younger person, wouldn't you say?"
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
f1rst 1
Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
f1rst 1's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Cayman S
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver


Posts: 456
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Seems like a dash plaque would have been a better idea than stickers. "Those stickers, they are for a younger person, wouldn't you say?"
A dash plaque would be pretty sweet except for those of us who have the alcantara carbon fiber interior with the M sport stitched in already. That might get a little redundant...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #53
roundel335
Brigadier General
United_States
40

 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leland, NC


Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rst 1 View Post
A dash plaque would be pretty sweet except for those of us who have the alcantara carbon fiber interior with the M sport stitched in already. That might get a little redundant...
Alcantara carbon fiber interior? Where was THAT option when I was "building" my car online?
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #54
DangerousTacos
BMW n00b
United_States
6

 
DangerousTacos's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Anyone have pics of the stickers installed?
__________________
2013 BMW 335i F30 8AT - Estoril Blue II | ///M Sport Line | 19" BBS RS-GT | Performance Exhaust | PPK | Performance Brakes - Performance Center delivery 4/26/13

2008 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package - sold
2007 BMW 550i E60 6AT - Titanium Silver | ///M-Sport package - totaled
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
DangerousTacos
BMW n00b
United_States
6

 
DangerousTacos's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Alcantara carbon fiber interior? Where was THAT option when I was "building" my car online?
This:
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...psbef00465.jpg
__________________
2013 BMW 335i F30 8AT - Estoril Blue II | ///M Sport Line | 19" BBS RS-GT | Performance Exhaust | PPK | Performance Brakes - Performance Center delivery 4/26/13

2008 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package - sold
2007 BMW 550i E60 6AT - Titanium Silver | ///M-Sport package - totaled
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #56
roundel335
Brigadier General
United_States
40

 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leland, NC


Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousTacos View Post
I didn't see this in the "build your own" section of the website, but I do remember seeing iat when looking through available accessories on getbmwparts.com. Wasn't aware it was something you could order with the car. Looks pretty nice!
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #57
DangerousTacos
BMW n00b
United_States
6

 
DangerousTacos's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
I didn't see this in the "build your own" section of the website, but I do remember seeing iat when looking through available accessories on getbmwparts.com. Wasn't aware it was something you could order with the car. Looks pretty nice!
Yeah, stuff like that and the performance parts aren't listed on the builder. From what I've read on here though you can order it with the car separately. My dealer didn't ask me about this stuff when I ordered, but I also didn't ask them about it either.
__________________
2013 BMW 335i F30 8AT - Estoril Blue II | ///M Sport Line | 19" BBS RS-GT | Performance Exhaust | PPK | Performance Brakes - Performance Center delivery 4/26/13

2008 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package - sold
2007 BMW 550i E60 6AT - Titanium Silver | ///M-Sport package - totaled
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #58
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
43

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,121
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
wait, comparable to an M3? really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
lol I'm sure he didn't mean M3...

ppk only? No way.

JB4 Stage 2 + DP would give it a run in the quarter mile but probably need meth/E85 to best a M3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Don't need much to beat an M3 in the quarter. It's not made for drag racing and its tricky to get good times out of it. An M3 is built for corners and that's what makes it great.
yes, was being sarcastic, lol!
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #59
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
13

 
DarkTrigger's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal


Posts: 973
iTrader: (0)

More like an m5
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #60
Dinh335
Captain
16

 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA


Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

lol... so, update, after getting another 100 or so miles on Easter commuting.

There's a noticeable kick in power at 2500 rpm up to around 4500-5K.

Now with a mixture of more city and highway/parkway type roads and curves today, i notice a new kick of more power around 2500 rpm.

Revving car to around 2000 and letting out clutch quickly (not a full dump) the car will give you a new much stronger jolt and roar. Maybe the weather was better or does the ECU adapt? I know my old Rx8's ecu sort of adapted and took a few days to gather itself after you pulled the battery or got a new flash. Whatever it is, the car def feels more alive now. My butt dyno is no scientific tool, but i have nothing to gain by making this up i guess, and i swear its a bit more responsive now.

Intake/exhaust sounds are pretty hard to discern most of time though. I'm not sure what BMW is saying when they say "emotionally enticing burble". Maybe they are talking bout if its mated with the exhaust.

My original ride was all highway so my tests were basic pulls when traffic allowed. After another 2 days with mix city situations and more highway I'm quite impressed.

Can't wait to hear more from the AT crowd.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS/
2015 Tanzanite Blue M3 on order, due January 2015.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #61
Tx335i10
Private
0

 
Drives: 12 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dfw


Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Found this on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Perfor...f9733b&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #62
BMWBUSINESS007
F30 335 OWNER
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDRIVE Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NYC


Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335
lol... so, update, after getting another 100 or so miles on Easter commuting.

There's a noticeable kick in power at 2500 rpm up to around 4500-5K.

Now with a mixture of more city and highway/parkway type roads and curves today, i notice a new kick of more power around 2500 rpm.

Revving car to around 2000 and letting out clutch quickly (not a full dump) the car will give you a new much stronger jolt and roar. Maybe the weather was better or does the ECU adapt? I know my old Rx8's ecu sort of adapted and took a few days to gather itself after you pulled the battery or got a new flash. Whatever it is, the car def feels more alive now. My butt dyno is no scientific tool, but i have nothing to gain by making this up i guess, and i swear its a bit more responsive now.

Intake/exhaust sounds are pretty hard to discern most of time though. I'm not sure what BMW is saying when they say "emotionally enticing burble". Maybe they are talking bout if its mated with the exhaust.

My original ride was all highway so my tests were basic pulls when traffic allowed. After another 2 days with mix city situations and more highway I'm quite impressed.

Can't wait to hear more from the AT crowd.
4 more days and I will give the AT review. Set up the appointment
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #63
ger10
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 09 BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: san antonio


Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Great! Looking forward to the AT review!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #64
DangerousTacos
BMW n00b
United_States
6

 
DangerousTacos's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx335i10 View Post
Looks like they have the updated sport display shown...
__________________
2013 BMW 335i F30 8AT - Estoril Blue II | ///M Sport Line | 19" BBS RS-GT | Performance Exhaust | PPK | Performance Brakes - Performance Center delivery 4/26/13

2008 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package - sold
2007 BMW 550i E60 6AT - Titanium Silver | ///M-Sport package - totaled
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #65
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
9

 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

I'm quite liking the idea of this PPK. Might just go for it along with a set of 405M wheels, then I've done all the M Performance mods I really want!
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #66
Dinh335
Captain
16

 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA


Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousTacos View Post
Looks like they have the updated sport display shown...
Will send that to my dealer ...I mentioned this and they did say the updates are vin specified so manual cars stay at 320/320 due to less torque but it seems easier for BMW just to make it like this.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS/
2015 Tanzanite Blue M3 on order, due January 2015.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST