F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Cannot Disable/Deactivate Interior Motion Sensor
Steve Thomas BMW

04-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 125d M Sport

Cannot Disable/Deactivate Interior Motion Sensor

Hi.

I have a BMW 1 Series F20 and have been trying to Disable/Deactivate the Interior Motion Sensor while still having the Alarm Active. I have checked the Owner's Manual and it says you can Temporarily Disable the Interior Motion Sensor by Double Pressing the Lock Button on the KeyFob, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Can anyone help?

Is there a coding parameter that i may need to change?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F32 428 MSport

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf32
Have you done any coding? I have found that if you have the mirrors set to fold instantly that you cannot disable the interior motion sensor.

2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi - Click for build thread
Mods (so far): 435i Exhaust Conversion, MPerf Diffuser, MPerf Black Grills, Trunk Lip, BMS Stage 1, Coding
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
Have you done any coding? I have found that if you have the mirrors set to fold instantly that you cannot disable the interior motion sensor.
Hi,

Yes i have coded my mirrors to close instantly on locking the car. Is that the reason i cannot disable the motion sensor?

What did you do to solve this?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftaab View Post
Hi,

Yes i have coded my mirrors to close instantly on locking the car. Is that the reason i cannot disable the motion sensor?

What did you do to solve this?

Thanks.
You have to set it to the default value that has the delay, annoying, I know.

Not sure why it affects this but it appears to.

2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi - Click for build thread
Mods (so far): 435i Exhaust Conversion, MPerf Diffuser, MPerf Black Grills, Trunk Lip, BMS Stage 1, Coding
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You have to set it to the default value that has the delay, annoying, I know.

Not sure why it affects this but it appears to.
Thanks for the help.

I had another question.. I have set my seatbelt reminder to 0 seconds but i still get a gong that lasts for 1 second. Is there a way to have the seatbelt icon displaying but not have any gong?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the help.

I had another question.. I have set my seatbelt reminder to 0 seconds but i still get a gong that lasts for 1 second. Is there a way to have the seatbelt icon displaying but not have any gong?
Did you disable the initial warning as well? Or just driver and passenger gongs?

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Did you disable the initial warning as well? Or just driver and passenger gongs?
I disabled:

ACSM => INITIALWARNUNG_GWF_IW=> NICHT_AKTIV

But when i disabled these two below the gongs were completely off but it also removed the seatbelt icon from the kombi so i made these active again.

ACSM => SEATBELTREMINDER SBR FAHRER => NICHT_AKTIV

ACSM => SEATBELTREMINDER SBR BEIFAHRER => NICHT_AKTIV

I then tried:

ACSM => GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER => WERTE=> 00

This left the icons on the kombi but i still have a 1 second gong..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I disabled:

ACSM => INITIALWARNUNG_GWF_IW=> NICHT_AKTIV

But when i disabled these two below the gongs were completely off but it also removed the seatbelt icon from the kombi so i made these active again.

ACSM => SEATBELTREMINDER SBR FAHRER => NICHT_AKTIV

ACSM => SEATBELTREMINDER SBR BEIFAHRER => NICHT_AKTIV

I then tried:

ACSM => GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER => WERTE=> 00

This left the icons on the kombi but i still have a 1 second gong..
I think there is always one gong when you turn on the car if thats what you are talking about.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think there is always one gong when you turn on the car if thats what you are talking about.
The Inital Warning Gong when you start the car is disabled now so it doesn't do that. It happens when a passenger sits on the seat without the seatbelt on. Roughly 10 seconds after driving off there is a gong that lasts 1 second.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #10
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The Inital Warning Gong when you start the car is disabled now so it doesn't do that. It happens when a passenger sits on the seat without the seatbelt on. Roughly 10 seconds after driving off there is a gong that lasts 1 second.
just put the seatbelt on or get over it. how often do you have a passenger not wearing their seatbelt? seriously. its dangerous.

Appreciate 1
      04-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #11
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
just put the seatbelt on or get over it. how often do you have a passenger not wearing their seatbelt? seriously. its dangerous.
I always wear my seatbelt and also make sure that the passengers wear them. It's only because i put my laptop or a bag on the seat that makes it gong.

Safety first.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #12
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I always wear my seatbelt and also make sure that the passengers wear them. It's only because i put my laptop or a bag on the seat that makes it gong.

Safety first.
Funny I coded my passenger side off for the same reason, laptop bag sets it off!

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #13
Aftaab
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Funny I coded my passenger side off for the same reason, laptop bag sets it off!
Yeah i guess it can be quite heavy.. Lol

Thanks again for the help with the motion sensor.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:29 AM   #14
Kowboi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftaab
Quote:

Safety first.
In the event of emergency breaking, lap top bags and items on the passenger seat become projectiles and can injure occupants of the car. It's better to secure items in the back seat or trunk.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
smithf32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboi View Post
In the event of emergency breaking, lap top bags and items on the passenger seat become projectiles and can injure occupants of the car. It's better to secure items in the back seat or trunk.
So how is my laptop shooting leftwards towards me in emergency braking? It will always slide right off the seat and onto the floor.

Sometimes for a quick trip it goes in the passenger seat, longer trips it goes on the floor behind my seat.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #16
Kowboi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboi View Post
So how is my laptop shooting leftwards towards me in emergency braking? It will always slide right off the seat and onto the floor.

Sometimes for a quick trip it goes in the passenger seat, longer trips it goes on the floor behind my seat.
What if you break, swerve and your vehicle rolls over? All items should be secured in the cabin of the vehicle, as they can become projectile, causing fatal consequences - almost always preventable.
Appreciate 0