F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Got my Production number now the wait
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Got my Production number now the wait

Hey Team,

Ordered my F30 2 weeks ago. Waiting for them to schedule the production for my baby.

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
norb335i
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear
Hey Team,

Ordered my F30 2 weeks ago. Waiting for them to schedule the production for my baby.

Fee
So it took 2 weeks to get the production number? I ordered mine last Monday (ED though) and my CA told me it would take at most 1 week to get the production number, but nothing yet, was just about to ping him, but then it looks like it takes more time...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
1
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NW Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear View Post
Hey Team,

Ordered my F30 2 weeks ago. Waiting for them to schedule the production for my baby.

Fee
Nice nickname, lol. I'm originally from Lawrence myself. Congrats on your car!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb335i View Post
So it took 2 weeks to get the production number? I ordered mine last Monday (ED though) and my CA told me it would take at most 1 week to get the production number, but nothing yet, was just about to ping him, but then it looks like it takes more time...
Hey Norb,

The big thing was trying to get a German Built F30 instead of a South African built one. I guess the SA don't ship as often as the German. I was told when they have an actual "spot"/"car" to build then you get your Production Number.

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEE View Post
Nice nickname, lol. I'm originally from Lawrence myself. Congrats on your car!
I feel like a player traded to a team and his old number is already taken , I have always signed my emails Fee (Short for Felix) but my high school GF nicknamed me FeeBear so it was my second choice
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEE View Post
Nice nickname, lol. I'm originally from Lawrence myself. Congrats on your car!
dude you are deployed? Be safe Fee! I grew up in Dorchester and bounced around a bit!

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
64-bit
Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
473
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i RWD EBII PPK
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear View Post
Hey Norb,

The big thing was trying to get a German Built F30 instead of a South African built one. I guess the SA don't ship as often as the German. I was told when they have an actual "spot"/"car" to build then you get your Production Number.

Fee
If you are doing EP in Munich, is there any chance that your car could be built in SA?

When I was doing some test drivers on 2013 328i and 335i, the 328i was build in SA and the quality was NOT the same, the 335i felt SOLID and no cracking noises from the dash... the 328i in the other hand was really poor, lots of vibration while was in idle, lots of cracking noise coming from the dash, I did not like the car at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
1
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NW Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear View Post
dude you are deployed? Be safe Fee! I grew up in Dorchester and bounced around a bit!

Fee
Yup, I'm deployed. I'm headed home in under 3 weeks, and as an added bonus my car should be ready for delivery when I get there! Enjoy the anticipation while you track your car through the process.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit View Post
If you are doing EP in Munich, is there any chance that your car could be built in SA?

When I was doing some test drivers on 2013 328i and 335i, the 328i was build in SA and the quality was NOT the same, the 335i felt SOLID and no cracking noises from the dash... the 328i in the other hand was really poor, lots of vibration while was in idle, lots of cracking noise coming from the dash, I did not like the car at all.
No you are definitely getting it from Germany Hopefully our cars get built soon

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
R12ax7
Captain
R12ax7's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i M-sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear View Post
I feel like a player traded to a team and his old number is already taken , I have always signed my emails Fee (Short for Felix) but my high school GF nicknamed me FeeBear so it was my second choice
And here I thought it was a Phish reference....

Do you guys have a "completion date" scheduled yet? I just got my production number Friday and they are saying it should be done May 2.
__________________
335i Msport Glacier Silver Metallic 6MT/DHP/Dinan Springs
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
And here I thought it was a Phish reference....

Do you guys have a "completion date" scheduled yet? I just got my production number Friday and they are saying it should be done May 2.
You are way ahead of me then. I haven't even got a start dated yet. Does your Build sheet have an (SA) after the 328? If it does then it is a South African build and I am sure they are in production now.

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
R12ax7
Captain
R12ax7's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i M-sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Based on my VIN I know its a german build. Have you called the 1-800 # (1-800-831-1117)? They are usually way ahead of the website with info.
__________________
335i Msport Glacier Silver Metallic 6MT/DHP/Dinan Springs
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Steve33
Captain
Steve33's Avatar
No_Country
12
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

You should've got the production number when you left the dealership... assuming they placed the order while you were there. I walked out with mine. They said 60 days and I ordered it on the 13th, but still am "We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production. "

Seems like us 3 should have ours built around the same time, maybe the same ship to their new home?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33 View Post
You should've got the production number when you left the dealership... assuming they placed the order while you were there. I walked out with mine. They said 60 days and I ordered it on the 13th, but still am "We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production. "

Seems like us 3 should have ours built around the same time, maybe the same ship to their new home?
I think we all got the same color! E. Blue M-Sport I would love to get a picture of the loading on the boat. I think i see a sea of Blue!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Based on my VIN I know its a german build. Have you called the 1-800 # (1-800-831-1117)? They are usually way ahead of the website with info.
Absolutely. I call twice a day I am still on wait state.

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
R12ax7
Captain
R12ax7's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i M-sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Haha, that would be cool....I planned on getting EBII but decided to go with GS instead. Yeah I know there is a wide swing of what production slot you could get assigned. For instance I got a slot that was already about to go into production. So when you first log onto the bmw site, you see a different car than you ordered (which freaked me out last time). Alternatively you might be at the end of the que and wait to even enter production (which it sounds like happened to Steve). Some CAs dont know they can use an existing cars production slot and just modify the order to get their customer into production faster - or it could be that the deal is just that backed up with orders/has a smaller allocation.
__________________
335i Msport Glacier Silver Metallic 6MT/DHP/Dinan Springs
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Medal
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear View Post
Absolutely. I call twice a day I am still on wait state.

Fee
I know the feeling, except by this point im beyond ready for delivery

My 335xi is nearing the NY/NJ port from Germany (expected on the 25th). This wait is, and has been, tormenting.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
Steve33
Captain
Steve33's Avatar
No_Country
12
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Haha, that would be cool....I planned on getting EBII but decided to go with GS instead. Yeah I know there is a wide swing of what production slot you could get assigned. For instance I got a slot that was already about to go into production. So when you first log onto the bmw site, you see a different car than you ordered (which freaked me out last time). Alternatively you might be at the end of the que and wait to even enter production (which it sounds like happened to Steve). Some CAs dont know they can use an existing cars production slot and just modify the order to get their customer into production faster - or it could be that the deal is just that backed up with orders/has a smaller allocation.
My dealer is one of the biggest in the US and they only had a few 335's left in their allocation so who knows. Mine online was the right pic... EBII with 403M. I tried getting them to modify an existing car, but they cycle through their 335's quickly and wouldn't go for it... they only have 5 on the lot (out of 339 according to online inventory) and only 2 m-sports that are lightly optioned.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
dc503
Private First Class
1
Rep
143
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (1)

My dealer has my AW 335i order in hand now, I was told by my CA that they'd try to get a build slot already in line towards the front of the queue from their allocation or from a dealer trade, fingers crossed.

Good luck guys.
__________________
2013 AW 335i ZMM
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
And here I thought it was a Phish reference....

Do you guys have a "completion date" scheduled yet? I just got my production number Friday and they are saying it should be done May 2.
Just called today and I was told May 4

Maybe they will come on the same boat!

Fee
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
R12ax7
Captain
R12ax7's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i M-sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Called the number yesterday and my completion date has been moved up to this Tuesday! (granted, just 2 days earlier)

I guess its time to start looking at the shipping schedules
__________________
335i Msport Glacier Silver Metallic 6MT/DHP/Dinan Springs
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
FeeBear
Fee
FeeBear's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: F82 SO M4
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Andover Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 VW Jetta  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FeeBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Called the number yesterday and my completion date has been moved up to this Tuesday! (granted, just 2 days earlier)

I guess its time to start looking at the shipping schedules
At what point in the process do you get your VIN? Have you gotten yours?

Fee
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST