F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires > Winter Tires for 441M Wheels
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Kyokio
Private First Class
United_States
10
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 435xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Winter Tires for 441M Wheels

Can I run a square setup for the 441 M wheels?

18" M Double-spoke style 441 M
8JX18 ET:34
8.5JX18 ET:47

TireRack recommends 225-45-18 but then offers an alternative of 225-45-18 for the front and 245-45-18 for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
bobblehead's Avatar
Canada
50
Rep
3,761
Posts

 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

iTrader: (0)

i don't see why not
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Kyokio
Private First Class
United_States
10
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 435xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
i don't see why not
thx for the reply but i'm looking for a more definitive answer.

anyone using the 441M wheels as their winters? if so, what tire size did you guys go with?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
8
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d X-Drive M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Prague

iTrader: (0)

Hi

I put Continental TS830P 225/45/R18 RFTs on my 400m (same size/offset as yours). There are only two approved BMW winter tyres in those sizes - the other being a Pirelli SottoZero II.

Pics are here: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=224 http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=231
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Kyokio
Private First Class
United_States
10
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 435xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AndyH- View Post
Hi

I put Continental TS830P 225/45/R18 RFTs on my 400m (same size/offset as yours). There are only two approved BMW winter tyres in those sizes - the other being a Pirelli SottoZero II.

Pics are here: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=224 http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=231
thanks! i'm buying dunlop winter sp 4d tires.. they ride/perform better than rfts imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
ss0803
Major
ss0803's Avatar
Sweden
10
Rep
1,118
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F31 320d
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyokio View Post
Can I run a square setup for the 441 M wheels?

18" M Double-spoke style 441 M
8JX18 ET:34
8.5JX18 ET:47

TireRack recommends 225-45-18 but then offers an alternative of 225-45-18 for the front and 245-45-18 for the rear.
225/45-18 has 7.5" wide wheel as recommendation, but 7-8.5" are allowed.

225/45-18 looks a bit stretched on 8" wheels, will be even worse on 8.5".

Since you have X Drive, you should not choose 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, since it could cause damage to the all wheel drive system.

For a great look there are two options, either OEM staggered setup with 225/45-18 front and 255/40-18 rear or a square setup with a slightly wider tire, 235/45-18 or 245/40-18.

However wider tires will not give you the best performance if you drive in a lot of snow during the winter.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
Kyokio
Private First Class
United_States
10
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 435xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0803 View Post
225/45-18 has 7.5" wide wheel as recommendation, but 7-8.5" are allowed.

225/45-18 looks a bit stretched on 8" wheels, will be even worse on 8.5".

Since you have X Drive, you should not choose 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, since it could cause damage to the all wheel drive system.

For a great look there are two options, either OEM staggered setup with 225/45-18 front and 255/40-18 rear or a square setup with a slightly wider tire, 235/45-18 or 245/40-18.

However wider tires will not give you the best performance if you drive in a lot of snow during the winter.
thanks alot! this was very helpful. decided to go with 235/45/18 square setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
353
Rep
26,256
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Yes, no problem. Go with 225/45/18.

I had 225/45/17 winters on 17x8 and 17x8.5 on my e90, and now I have 245/40/19 on 19x8.5 and 19x9 for my F10.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST