F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > about to order 328d couple questions....

02-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
FordRaptor
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

about to order 328d couple questions....

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all

A little about myself. Bimmer virgin. Looking for a commuter car for my 2.5-3 hour daily commute (depending on traffic). Mostly highway with 30-40% bumper to bumper.

Previous cars include S2000, EVO, EK, Prelude. Current stable made up of Raptor, 4runner, 98 2wd tacoma (my current commuter, which is starting to ask for money)

So I am looking for my next commuter car. At my age I am looking for more luxury (sound insulation/smoothness) than sport. But seeing my past history of cars....can't go too soft....just dont want the jarring ride of the s2k or evo anymore

So about to place an order for the following

328d
Automatic
M-Sport
Glacier Silver Metallic
Black Sensatec
Lighting Package
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System

Any no brainer options I am missing? Also any other cars come to mind?

Thanks for looking
John
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
eric@helix
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Well you're going to get a boatload of better mileage with that car. One option that I didn't get which I regret is the fold-down rear seats. It makes hauling stuff much easier.
      02-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
joewalton
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRaptor View Post
Hi all

A little about myself. Bimmer virgin. Looking for a commuter car for my 2.5-3 hour daily commute (depending on traffic). Mostly highway with 30-40% bumper to bumper.

Previous cars include S2000, EVO, EK, Prelude. Current stable made up of Raptor, 4runner, 98 2wd tacoma (my current commuter, which is starting to ask for money)

So I am looking for my next commuter car. At my age I am looking for more luxury (sound insulation/smoothness) than sport. But seeing my past history of cars....can't go too soft....just dont want the jarring ride of the s2k or evo anymore

328d
Automatic
M-Sport
Glacier Silver Metallic
Black Sensatec
Lighting Package

Thanks for looking
John
First off, welcome aboard.

As a daily commuter myself, have to tell you to consider the Technology Package or Navigation system. With it's realtime traffic updates and your 3 hour commute, it's a lifesaver when you can swap roads home. I know you can do this cheaper with a smartphone, but the integration in the car is first-rate, the head up display is terrific, the widescreen splitscreen LCD is tremendous. Taking full advantage of commuter-friendly features is a big deal considering how much time you're in the car, take a look.

The Rear Camera and Parking sensors are the only other miss. Again, for someone spending a lot of time in a car, these commuter friendly features are a god-send.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
tex2670
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRaptor View Post
Hi all

328d
Automatic
M-Sport
Glacier Silver Metallic
Black Sensatec
Lighting Package

Thanks for looking
John
I'd add Driver Assist package. I would hate spending that kind of money on a car and not having a backup camera, which is going to be standard equipment in a couple of years.

The split fold down is standard on the 328 now.

2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Shift Paddles
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Thumper333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328dX M-Sport

Leasing or buying?

It matters because some options may be more expensive than they are really worth when buying, when leasing you only pay a portion so it changes the metric.

I second getting the Tech package, and would consider Driver Assist a good idea as well.
1983 Porsche 944 All stock
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
Tommy_hf
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 E85 3.0i and F30 320iA HE

Take the HarmAn Kardon, base audio isn't good at all. If it's a bumper to bumper commuter, consider the active cruise control.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
FordRaptor
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper333 View Post
Leasing or buying?

It matters because some options may be more expensive than they are really worth when buying, when leasing you only pay a portion so it changes the metric.

I second getting the Tech package, and would consider Driver Assist a good idea as well.
I would be buying.

Also use waze so I figured I could pass on Nav.

In regards to refresh. Sounds like the diesel engine will carryover. Is that what you guys understand?
Appreciate 0