F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NE1 seen the internals of the M Perf Exhaust?
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
F32Fleet
BMWCCA since '03
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
5,435
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta (Vinings)

iTrader: (0)

NE1 seen the internals of the M Perf Exhaust?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I'm assuming both the x28 & x35 have the same. I just wanted to know if I'm buying a different exhaust or the stock exhaust with just less packing material.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
smithf32
Colonel
smithf32's Avatar
United_States
207
Rep
2,127
Posts

Drives: '14 F32 428 MSport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf32
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I'm assuming both the x28 & x35 have the same. I just wanted to know if I'm buying a different exhaust or the stock exhaust with just less packing material.
I suspect it is the stock exhaust with less packing material. Take it from someone who has owned it I think it is a complete ripoff. I would mod your current muffler to remove a little packing or just buy someone else's stock muffler for cheap and mod that.

I remember on the E90 you could mod the stock muffler to sound like the PE
__________________

2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi - Click for build thread
Mods (so far): 435i Exhaust Conversion, MPerf Black Grills, BMS Stage 1, Coding
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
Hernandiaz11
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport 6-Speed
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
I suspect it is the stock exhaust with less packing material. Take it from someone who has owned it I think it is a complete ripoff. I would mod your current muffler to remove a little packing or just buy someone else's stock muffler for cheap and mod that.

I remember on the E90 you could mod the stock muffler to sound like the PE
I agree with Smith, the M-Perf exhaust is a waste of money. I also agree with him about modifying the stock exhaust. There was a relatively lengthy & detailed thread about this:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=819125
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
smithf32
Colonel
smithf32's Avatar
United_States
207
Rep
2,127
Posts

Drives: '14 F32 428 MSport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to smithf32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernandiaz11 View Post
I agree with Smith, the M-Perf exhaust is a waste of money. I also agree with him about modifying the stock exhaust. There was a relatively lengthy & detailed thread about this:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=819125
Was looking for that thread to post here, thanks!
__________________

2014 F32 428i XDrive - MSport, Premium, Cold Weather, Drivers Assistance, Navi - Click for build thread
Mods (so far): 435i Exhaust Conversion, MPerf Black Grills, BMS Stage 1, Coding
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
F32Fleet
BMWCCA since '03
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
5,435
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta (Vinings)

iTrader: (0)

Thanks gents..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST