F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Lease- final thoughts
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Lease- final thoughts

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Contemplating lease for 320i with following estimation. What do you people think?

320i (Jet black + black sensatec) + driver's assistance + Navi + Alarm

MSRP-37175

Sell price- 34607 (includes acquisition fee)

36 Mo/10K

65% RV-24163

MF-0.0011 (after 7 MSDs)

CA tax-8.75%

Doc. & other fee-449

NO money down

Upfront-2800 (MSDs) + 449 (doc fee) + 367.88 (First month payment) = 3616.88

Monthly- $355.23

Monthly + tax-386.31

Last edited by bfv; 03-03-2014 at 11:15 PM.
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #2
Alpine435i
Banned
 
Drives: 435i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CA

Posts: 393
iTrader: (0)

Numbers look very aggressive. Go for it.
Alpine435i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
orlandoflyer
New Member
 
Drives: I can't feel my legs
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Orlando

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Looks like they're marking up the MF. With 7 MSD's the MF should be around .00081
orlandoflyer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoflyer View Post
Looks like they're marking up the MF. With 7 MSD's the MF should be around .00081
True but I can't hose him everywhere. He's marking up invoice to about $800 and MF as well.

The question is- does this appear to be a reasonable deal?
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Kafkaesque320
Lieutenant
 
Kafkaesque320's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 320i 8spd ZSP, Stage 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: El A

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

What is this? :

Upfront-2800 (MSDs)

Up front $2800 for what? But no money down?

Also, coming from someone with a 320, those option choices are weird, a waste of money IMO... Just my opinion but driver's assistance and Nav?? People drove for 100 years without driver's assistance and my iPhone has better nav than most cars. Money better spent on things that make the car special like Sport Package, Lighting etc.

Regardless, there's something funny about this deal.

Just for comparison, I got a 2014 320i jet black with sunroof and sport package, 10k miles/36 months, .0011 MF, $0 down, $1500 drive-off total, $360 per month out the door, incl. tax etc.
__________________
2014 Black 320i | Sport AT | Sport Package| Misc. Coding | Moonroof | BMS Stage 1 +3psi
Kafkaesque320 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
EJL
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 109
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque320 View Post
What is this? :

Upfront-2800 (MSDs)

Up front $2800 for what? But no money down?

Also, coming from someone with a 320, those option choices are weird, a waste of money IMO... Just my opinion but driver's assistance and Nav?? People drove for 100 years without driver's assistance and my iPhone has better nav than most cars. Money better spent on things that make the car special like Sport Package, Lighting etc.

Regardless, there's something funny about this deal.

Just for comparison, I got a 2014 320i jet black with sunroof and sport package, 10k miles/36 months, .0011 MF, $0 down, $1500 drive-off total, $360 per month out the door, incl. tax etc.

Maybe the OP likes nav and the cameras?

Also he said what the 2800 is... MSDs.
EJL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
fecurtis
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 829
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque320 View Post
What is this? :

Upfront-2800 (MSDs)

Up front $2800 for what? But no money down?

Also, coming from someone with a 320, those option choices are weird, a waste of money IMO... Just my opinion but driver's assistance and Nav?? People drove for 100 years without driver's assistance and my iPhone has better nav than most cars. Money better spent on things that make the car special like Sport Package, Lighting etc.

Regardless, there's something funny about this deal.

Just for comparison, I got a 2014 320i jet black with sunroof and sport package, 10k miles/36 months, .0011 MF, $0 down, $1500 drive-off total, $360 per month out the door, incl. tax etc.
People also drive around in cars that aren't new BMW's and are significantly cheaper and they're just fine too. Your point?

If he or she can afford it, no point in questioning their choice of options. Some prefer the clean look of factory installed nav (myself included, don't want the half assed look of a phone mounted on the dash or windshield, plus I prefer the larger screen real estate of a factory installed nav) and prefer park distance control and a rear view camera (useful for parallel parking). If these options were expensive I would not have opted for them and could've easily have lived without them, but they fit my budget so I was happy to include them with my order.

And MSD's are multiple security deposits. They're fully refundable at the end of the lease and help lower the money factory.
fecurtis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque320 View Post
What is this? :

Upfront-2800 (MSDs)


Also, coming from someone with a 320, those option choices are weird, a waste of money IMO...

YEAH, CUSTOMIZATION......THAT'S WHAT MAKES BMW A DRIVER'S CAR.

Regardless, there's something funny about this deal.

Just for comparison, I got a 2014 320i jet black with sunroof and sport package, 10k miles/36 months, .0011 MF, $0 down, $1500 drive-off total, $360 per month out the door, incl. tax etc.


THANK YOU. I HAVE THE SAME FEELING.

Who is your dealer? Are you located in California? What is the MSRP of your vehicle? Based on your configuration, I estimate that it is $36025, which is lower than mine (37175).

Last edited by bfv; 03-04-2014 at 07:27 PM.
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
QTC
Private
 
Drives: '13 F30 320i; B6 A4 1.8T
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Also for comparison, '13 320i, sport package, manual, sunroof, heated seats, enhanced BT, MSRP ~$37k, sale price ~$32k, 12k/36, no money down, TTL at signing, $330/mo. I have to go back and look at the MF, but it was the best that BMW was offering at the time, w/o MSDs.
QTC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTC View Post
Also for comparison, '13 320i, sport package, manual, sunroof, heated seats, enhanced BT, MSRP ~$37k, sale price ~$32k, 12k/36, no money down, TTL at signing, $330/mo. I have to go back and look at the MF, but it was the best that BMW was offering at the time, w/o MSDs.
How much TTL you paid upfront? For similar MSRP, my monthly is $355 plus tax. I would not pay taxes upfront as if the car were to be totaled, I would loose that amount.
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #11
orlandoflyer
New Member
 
Drives: I can't feel my legs
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Orlando

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfv View Post
True but I can't hose him everywhere. He's marking up invoice to about $800 and MF as well.

The question is- does this appear to be a reasonable deal?
Yeah, you actually can.

This is a 320i you're talking about, not an M4.

Get your MF down and get the deal at Invoice +$500 (at the most) and then it's doable. Anything more and you're giving away money.
orlandoflyer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #12
EJL
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 109
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfv View Post
How much TTL you paid upfront? For similar MSRP, my monthly is $355 plus tax. I would not pay taxes upfront as if the car were to be totaled, I would loose that amount.
Exactly. Roll everything into the lease. Putting anything out of pocket except MSDs / first month's payment on a lease is stupid (unless you are getting your self from 351 to 349 /mon so you can lower how much your MSDs are)
EJL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #13
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoflyer View Post
Yeah, you actually can.

This is a 320i you're talking about, not an M4.

Get your MF down and get the deal at Invoice +$500 (at the most) and then it's doable. Anything more and you're giving away money.
Good point, will keep trying!
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #14
pocoyo_3
Second Lieutenant
 
pocoyo_3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

I would recommend contacting David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW (bmwdavid@icloud.com) to get a quote from him. He is very straightforward and will give you a great price (no hidden markups) and they can have your car delivered to your local dealer.
pocoyo_3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
fecurtis
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 829
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't pay anymore than $250 over invoice MAX before incentives. They say they aren't making any money off you but they are. Just try not to stick them too hard in other areas like the money factor. I'm ok with small money factor mark ups.

People take car negotiating a little too seriously sometimes, at the end of the day, the objective isn't to see how much one can screw over the other but rather, mutually agreeing upon a fair deal that makes the dealer a fair profit and falls within the consumers price range.
fecurtis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #16
bfv
Private First Class
 
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sky

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my325i View Post
I would recommend contacting David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW (bmwdavid@icloud.com) to get a quote from him. He is very straightforward and will give you a great price (no hidden markups) and they can have your car delivered to your local dealer.
Hey, Thank you! I emailed David.....hopefully he will come up with a killer deal
bfv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST