F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 steering wheel pulls when braking
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Today, 11:51 AM   #1
bavarianride
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: northern california

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

F30 steering wheel pulls when braking

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
In the past week I notice, with hands off, the steering wheel pulls 10 degrees left or right, or right then left, while braking. It does not happen on all roads though. The car points straight otherwise, and tire wears are even at all corners, and across the whole width of each tire. I start noticing this after a 65 to 20 hard braking (tires squeaking) due to unexpected disabled vehicle at exit. I am not a track person, for a moment the car came alive at 10/10, is that how it is on the track? Maybe the brake pads need to be re-bedded? The pull does diminish gradually with miles.... BTW front brakes have 4500 miles left according on CBS.

Last edited by bavarianride; Today at 11:58 AM.
bavarianride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:26 PM   #2
LMK5
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 328i Imperial Blue
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
In the past week I notice, with hands off, the steering wheel pulls 10 degrees left or right, or right then left, while braking. It does not happen on all roads though. The car points straight otherwise, and tire wears are even at all corners, and across the whole width of each tire. I start noticing this after a 65 to 20 hard braking (tires squeaking) due to unexpected disabled vehicle at exit. I am not a track person, for a moment the car came alive at 10/10, is that how it is on the track? Maybe the brake pads need to be re-bedded? The pull does diminish gradually with miles.... BTW front brakes have 4500 miles left according on CBS.
Sounds like you may have uneven hydraulic pressure going to left and right side. I'm sure the dealer can check that especially if you can reproduce it on demand.

BTW, how can you tell that you have 4500 miles left on the brakes? Where in iDrive does it tell you that?
LMK5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:31 PM   #3
Alan_NJ
Private First Class
 
Alan_NJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NJ

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
If I remember correctly its in vehicle info and then something like service.
It will be a list of all serviceable items and clicking on brakes will give you the mileage when they are due (33,000 in my case)
__________________


2014 335i xdrive MSport AW/CR, SAT, Prem, Tech, HK, DHP, MPPK, MPE, NWA, KMFDM, etc...
Alan_NJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:42 PM   #4
LMK5
New Member
 
Drives: 2014 328i Imperial Blue
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_NJ View Post
If I remember correctly its in vehicle info and then something like service.
It will be a list of all serviceable items and clicking on brakes will give you the mileage when they are due (33,000 in my case)
Thanks I'll have to check that out. Alan, where in NJ are you? I grew up in North Bergen in Hudson County.
LMK5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:48 PM   #5
Alan_NJ
Private First Class
 
Alan_NJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NJ

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Oh I'm more central in Ocean County, on the shore in the Point/Brick area.
So a bit south of N Bergen.
__________________


2014 335i xdrive MSport AW/CR, SAT, Prem, Tech, HK, DHP, MPPK, MPE, NWA, KMFDM, etc...
Alan_NJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:54 PM   #6
bavarianride
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: northern california

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK5 View Post
Sounds like you may have uneven hydraulic pressure going to left and right side. I'm sure the dealer can check that especially if you can reproduce it on demand.

BTW, how can you tell that you have 4500 miles left on the brakes? Where in iDrive does it tell you that?
The key data shows exactly how many miles are left till next service. The IDrive display usually rounds up(e.g. to 5000 miles) until it drops below, say, 4000, then iDrive starts to display in hundreds, e.g. 3800 miles.

Yes I will bring it to dealer to check.
bavarianride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST