F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So what should they really cost ?
RW Carbon
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
donsbabybeamer
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 x1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New jersey

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

So what should they really cost ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Picking up a new 428 in a few days and I want to get the Carbon Fiber mirror covers to match the CF trunk spoiler that is coming OEM on the car. They list for $650 for the pair, I called another dealership and they gave me a price of $420 without asking for a discount which is what I've seen them on line for.

My question is because I'm getting a 55K car, I want the dealer to give me true cost on the CF mirror covers, does anyone know what true cost is around based on the $650 list and what I'll call the everyday selling price of $420?

Thanks in advance
donsbabybeamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 8,047
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsbabybeamer View Post
Picking up a new 428 in a few days and I want to get the Carbon Fiber mirror covers to match the CF trunk spoiler that is coming OEM on the car. They list for $650 for the pair, I called another dealership and they gave me a price of $420 without asking for a discount which is what I've seen them on line for.

My question is because I'm getting a 55K car, I want the dealer to give me true cost on the CF mirror covers, does anyone know what true cost is around based on the $650 list and what I'll call the everyday selling price of $420?

Thanks in advance
Why get it from the stealership when you can get it from vendors on the forum
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
335BOY
Major
 
Drives: 09 335 e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Why get it from the stealership when you can get it from vendors on the forum
Stealership? If there is a warranty issue you just drive it in. I had a bad CF dash part.......just drove it in and it was fixed and warrantied.
335BOY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 8,047
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
Stealership? If there is a warranty issue you just drive it in. I had a bad CF dash part.......just drove it in and it was fixed and warrantied.
Mine cracked when i was adjusting the rear view mirror.
They refused to change it under warranty
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 8,047
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
Stealership? If there is a warranty issue you just drive it in. I had a bad CF dash part.......just drove it in and it was fixed and warrantied.
And yes it is a stealership when they are charging you 4-5 times what the item actually cost.
Since we sell OE parts, i know exactly how much they get parts for.
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
btbossman
Major
 
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 1,420
iTrader: (0)

Shit.... what you need to do is wrap those mirrors in CF and save yourself 400 or 600 bucks respectively.
btbossman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
FC4
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 435i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: US

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
Shit.... what you need to do is wrap those mirrors in CF and save yourself 400 or 600 bucks respectively.
FC4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
335BOY
Major
 
Drives: 09 335 e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Mine cracked when i was adjusting the rear view mirror.
They refused to change it under warranty
What were you doing buying from a stealership? Make up your mind man.
335BOY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Dan_335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toronto

Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)

$420 is cheap for 2 mirrors. Lowest price ive seen is $460 from bmw of newton
Dan_335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #10
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,138
iTrader: (4)

If you would like a comparison quote on any OEM part shoot Jon our parts guy a email at jon@bmwpartspros.com he will hook you up. Just let him know your a forum member.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #11
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

Posts: 2,150
iTrader: (0)

There is no relationship between cost & price other than price needs to cover cost + profit. Price is based on what people will pay for a product & have it sell in sufficient numbers to meet ROI goals.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
335BOY
Major
 
Drives: 09 335 e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
There is no relationship between cost & price other than price needs to cover cost + profit. Price is based on what people will pay for a product & have it sell in sufficient numbers to meet ROI goals.
Well said. People will pay for convenience. Time is money as well. That why Dealerships sell so many tires at inflated prices.
335BOY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST