THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Officially Have Inked The Deal!!!

05-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i Estoril Blue II

Officially Have Inked The Deal!!!

FINALLY have put everything in place!!!! Scheduled to take delivery end of June/beginning of July!! Cannot wait!!! Below is my build!

2014 M235i
Estoril Blue II
Coral Red Interior
Aluminum Hex Trim
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Driver Assist Package
HK Premium Sound
M Performance Accessory Black Kidney Grilles
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Gaviin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Congrats! With the exception of the tech and prem packages, our cars will be twins!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviin View Post
Congrats! With the exception of the tech and prem packages, our cars will be twins!
wooohoo!!! I opt'd out of the MSS Tires....was that the wrong thing to do? I mean....I don't plan on doing snow tires and plus we had a bad winter here....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
///cpt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i BSM/CR

brave for going with that superman color combo. congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Nice order. You should love your M235i when it shows up. Congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
Gaviin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw047 View Post
wooohoo!!! I opt'd out of the MSS Tires....was that the wrong thing to do? I mean....I don't plan on doing snow tires and plus we had a bad winter here....
Chicago had a god awful winter too, which honestly only made my decision to go with summer tires even easier. I've had all seasons on my 97 M3 for a while now, and they're just worthless in the snow. I'm going with a separate set of winter tires come Nov/Dec. Only trick will be figuring out where to store the off-season set, but I have some time for that.

But yeah, if you don't plan on doing winter tires, all seasons are probably your only option. I can't even imagine how the summer tires would be in the snow.

Last edited by Gaviin; 05-07-2014 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///cpt View Post
brave for going with that superman color combo. congrats!
Thank you!!! I feel it's the only way to go!! I'm coming from a Lapis Blue G37S AWD. What can I say....I love my blues!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Nice order. You should love your M235i when it shows up. Congratulations.
Thank you sir!!! I know the wait is going to be KILLER!!

Quote:
Chicago had a god awful winter too, which honestly only made my decision to go with summer tires even easier. I've had all seasons on my 97 M3 for a while now, and they're just worthless in the snow. I'm going with a separate set of winter tires come Nov/Dec. Only trick will be figuring out where to store the off-season set, but I have some time for that.

But yeah, if you don't plan on doing winter tires, all seasons are probably you're only option. I can't even imagine how the summer tires would be in the snow.
I'm sure I'll be fine with the All Season Tires. I test drove the car they had at the dealership thinking the SSP Tires were on the car and they weren't! I was surprised how well the car with those tires took bumps and craters considering I live in Pothole Island now...not Long Island
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #8
furii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
I'm going with a separate set of winter tires come Nov/Dec. Only trick will be figuring out where to store the off-season set, but I have some time for that.
when i did my test drive at perillo they said they would store them for me. not sure if it still applies buying from patrick, but they may offer it as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
SuitedUp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by furii View Post
when i did my test drive at perillo they said they would store them for me. not sure if it still applies buying from patrick, but they may offer it as well.
Oooh... I'm gonna have to ask about this.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #10
Gaviin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by furii View Post
Yeah I was planning on asking about that when I went in to pick up the car. Now that delivery has been delayed by over a week (grrr), I may just shoot my SA an email.

I also have a couple tire places right near where I live (Goodyear and Firestone)... but not sure if they offer storage.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Yeah I was planning on asking about that when I went in to pick up the car. Now that delivery has been delayed by over a week (grrr), I may just shoot my SA an email.

I also have a couple tire places right near where I live (Goodyear and Firestone)... but not sure if they offer storage.
If you go through Perillo (or any dealer for that matter) don't let them talk you into getting the official BMW winter setup if you don't want it. The rims are usually pretty nice but the tires are not Blizzak and you don't have much of a choice. Every dealer I have ever dealt with uses Tire Rack all the time, so they can order you whatever you want. If you want road hazard though make sure they get it on the initial order, you cannot add it later.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #12
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Congrats on your M235i! I got the superman color also. My gf says she doesn't want to drive it as it's too flashy. Success! Lol

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
Glassjaw047
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
Congrats on your M235i! I got the superman color also. My gf says she doesn't want to drive it as it's too flashy. Success! Lol
Thank you! Now I just gotta prep my current car to go back to Infiniti. Hoping I get this car at the end of June so I do not have to pay out another month to them as I am on a month by month extended lease contract.

Afterall it is the superman color combo....not superwoman!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
Gaviin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
If you go through Perillo (or any dealer for that matter) don't let them talk you into getting the official BMW winter setup if you don't want it. The rims are usually pretty nice but the tires are not Blizzak and you don't have much of a choice. Every dealer I have ever dealt with uses Tire Rack all the time, so they can order you whatever you want. If you want road hazard though make sure they get it on the initial order, you cannot add it later.
Yeah I was planning to just research and buy my own wheels/tires through Tire Rack. No real interest in road hazard.

My SA got back to me today saying they offer storage for $300 per year, which includes mount and balance twice each year. Not too bad, but I'll probably look around for some other options before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0