F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW connect

06-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
mikewhitef30

Drives: white m sport

BMW connect

Picked up my new f30 yesterday. Bit gutted after fitting the spoiler (I.m about 1mm out of alignment, which pi$$ed me off but once its down its down) its now with the detailer for two days so I cant play!

I've registered for BMW connect, how long does it take to get your username etc and how does it come? Email, text a snail mail?
      06-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
PrinceBarin
Major

Drives: 430D

I filled in the online form but didn't hear anything for two weeks so emailed. They apologised and responded immediately with two emails: username, and then password.

Give it 2 days, if you haven't heard then get onto customer services.
      06-08-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
mcalc55
Private First Class

Drives: '13 F30 328xi BSM M Sport

Just hit the SOS button by the sunroof and they'll connect you to a rep who can help you set it all up there. Takes less than 5 mins. Just remember that the default email and password they set you up with is in all caps for both. Mine neglected to tell me that and it took a few extra minutes of frustration

Black Sapphire Metallic, M Sport, Technology, Lighting Package, DHP, Harmon Kardon, Sport Auto, Heated Front Seats
mcalc55 is offline   United_States
      06-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
JD6
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F30 335d M Sport EBII/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalc55 View Post
Just hit the SOS button by the sunroof and they'll connect you to a rep who can help you set it all up there. Takes less than 5 mins. Just remember that the default email and password they set you up with is in all caps for both. Mine neglected to tell me that and it took a few extra minutes of frustration
I thought the SOS button went straight through to 999. I pressed it about 18 months ago on my F10 and I am pretty sure it did that. I apologised and hung up as I was after BMW customer services too. There are other options in the iDrive which do take you to customer services though.
      06-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
mikewhitef30

Cheers guys I've filled in the online for but may just ring them. The car is back from the detailer so I'm off to play!
      06-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
mikewhitef30

It can't be done through the customer service number in the car. Fill in the online form, it should take 48 working hours and you receive your details via a text.
      06-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Brigand
Brigadier General

Drives: 330dx F31 EBII

Just give them a call, they will pretty much set it up / enable it on phone. I did with mine and straight after call received my password and user name.
Already used send to car ready for it's first trip Tuesday after work (getting it Tuesday morning but working in afternoon).
      06-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #8
Meds
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 325d M Sport +

Mine took around 2 days. Received a text with my username and password details. Send to car works really well especially since it's linked with Google maps. Have used the lock/unlock and flash headlight features a few times but not that impressed mainly due to how long it takes for the car to actually receive the command and action it.