View Single Post
      07-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: fairly quickly.

Garage List
...fortunately, this is a semi-moderately fluid document. I really wish the FIA would stop shitting on the rulebook, and let it evolve over the season.

The 15000RPM limit is frustrating, when several f1 engine suppliers are quoted as saying that they could run their engines over 20k without too much effort.

The 'electric' only running in the pits is a crock of shit.

The starting and reverse rules are largely irrelevant, as the cars are virtually impossible to stall nowadays, and the cars are currently mandated to have reverse.

Personally, I wish they would ban KERS and get rid of DRS.

KERS is designed to be environmentally pleasing to the long-haired hippie-freaks, and in reality, overcycling/charging the batteries renders them useless after a race weekend. Thus, they are thrown away. Disposal of batteries is marginally less environmentally conscious than battery production.

DRS makes the racing have a synthetic feel, and the F-duct was a much more elegant and efficient way to solve the same function.

Now I will rant, based on my decision to rewatch various F1 races from the past two seasons at work today.

Rant:
I am sick and tired of HRT and Virgin. They suck. They're slow. Their drivers are crap. Their cars are shit. They whine and bitch about being the backmarkers but are too incompetent to do anything about it. They are embarrassing to the sport and themselves. They are the modern reincarnation of Arrows (Perennial backmarkers of earlier in the decade). I'm halfway convinced they would be more competitive if they took up Lawnmower racing, or NASCAR, which amount to the same thing.

Get off of the goddamn track if you serve no purpose other than a rolling chicane that impedes the race.

/rant