05-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #95
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
ONR is your friend my friend check out autopia.org, people rave about it. I've used it a lot in the last little while. You basically fill one bucket with 2oz of ONR and 2 gal of water. A second bucket filled with just rinse water for the wash mitt.

You wash your car with the mitt & the ONR solution a panel at a time. drop your mitt in the rinse bucket, and dry that pannel with a waffle weave or MF towel. no need to rinse. it's much better than the spray on waterless washes.
Where does the clay bar come in ?? i supposed before this ONR process right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfear View Post
Everyone do yourselves a favor and get some optimum no rinse and some optimum spray wax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfear View Post
Good?

It's like the milk from the breast of the Virgin Mary.
LOL, you two have convinced me to go out today and find me some ONR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnewbie View Post
Been reading this post, have not had a car worth caring for. Just ordered and will have the car on lease in 8 weeks (328i sport line etc..). I would like to be a person who gets the best results but with reasonable time invested(i.e. not gonna fully detail all the time). I think it would be good to do it on my own and avoid the costs of the pros who are worth paying for. I guess I am asking for as much detail as possible from A to Z. So is the general consensus wash(is this with soap, if so what kind) clay, polish then wax, twice a year or so. Or go the low water route mentioned with Optimum no Rinse. So what are the products including sponges towels etc... that you guys recommend. Also what is the difference in the results between wash, clay, polish, wax vs. ONR.
I have that same question....

can i do clay ... ONR, then polish and wax??

combining the process will make it even better for the car , right ??
Appreciate 0