03-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #26
BJB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
Such narrow minded thoughts!

If nobody buys it, they'll stop selling it. If you look at other's partners, compared to your own, it isn't uncommon to wonder what makes he/she seem so beautiful and perfect for them. Nobody expects everyone to love every car (which is why there are choices!), but for someone who does happen to like one, who are you to tell them it's trash, it should be burned, it should never have been built? I occasionally see some people that to me are kind of repulsive, but we don't murder them to make us feel better!

In your world, everyone would wear a size medium, size 9 shoe, and love anchovies. Get real...

For those that say get a touring (station wagon) because it's got more room and style, personally, I don't like that shape, and in this case, the GT has more room than the other 3-series choices - read the specs! Not everyone is a canyon racer, but depending on how you option out any BMW, you can get a range of capabilities depending on what you want. Would you have BMW stop making any of its X-series vehicles? Talk about high center of gravity. Talk about how much money it brings into the company. We should all drive sedans, and ideally, M-versions...get rid of everything else...such juvenile, ignorant, biased opinions.

Expressing you don't like it is one thing, but maybe add in why would be much more useful in the discussion.

People need to recognize their opinions and preferences, while maybe great for them, are just that, theirs, and not something that should be foisted on others! Constructive criticism, expressed as an opinion, rather than an absolute, universal (in your thoughts) truth goes much further and is more useful.
+1

I like the GT. As a father of 3 kids aged between 2 and 6, the GT makes a lot of sense to me. An MPV is not cool and doesn't drive very well, although I did buy one for my wife. An SUV will never handle as well as a sedan because of the higher centre of gravity. The 3 series sedan is great but too small for my needs. Extra rear space and a higher entry both help getting kids and their seats in and out of a car, especially when you have to lift them out after they have fallen asleep. A large boot is also a boon for large prams and other paraphernalia. Am I the only dad on this forum that gets this car?
Appreciate 0