View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
Thank you sir. I was thinking the same thing in terms of recalls. Im just glad i got out of it with a concussion rather than something more severe. and yea lol im going to stick to my E90. I personally like the way the E90 looks better than F30.
What happened is truly horrific. Both the dealer and BMW need to explain and be held accountable for this failure.

Did you use the brakes at all before getting into the situation that you did?
That must have been one very steep and/or long downhill.
Are there a lot of those in residential NJ areas, considering there were parked cars about?

I do find it silly that you would use this as an opportune time to say you don't like how the F30 looks compared to your E90.
Also, complete brake failure is not common to any brand car in recent history.
Does it happen? Sure it does, as you just experienced.

I'm surprised the road never leveled off so that downshifting could bring your speed down to a controllable level where the emergency brake could have assisted you. As one poster mentioned, the hand brake needs to be used very judicially. Pulling to full on can and will cause a skid, which can put the car into an uncontrollable state.
Very odd indeed.
Thank goodness you are ok, seems at least the BMW structure was strong enough to smash into a tree resulting in no injuries to you.
Appreciate 0