View Single Post
      09-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #189
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
To address point #2. I also noticed this when I first got into my F30. Wasn't quite sure if it was normal and was pretty paranoid that it might be damaging something everytime I felt this intense pull from engine braking. I can't say I've gotten used to it but it doesn't seem like there's much that can be done besides not driving slow lol. Unfortunately for some of us who are constantly in urban city areas it's difficult because there are constant red lights, stop signs, crazy people crossing streets when they're not supposed to and eventually traffic. If you or anyone else can figure out how to make the transition more smooth, I'm all ears!
I only find something somewhat to what you are describing in one specific situation. When my car when i am coasting down sydney opera house carpark the transmission is a little too happy to pick 1st gear. The gradient is what i would consider moderate.

If i manually select 2nd gear via the paddle there is not as much engine breaking. If i want to pick up a little more speed the auto wont select 3rd. Then i experience excessive engine braking.

It wont let me select 3rd at that speed so i have to accelerate a bit faster to trigger the shift to 3rd gear. Then it will happily coast.

I dont see this as a problem. Just more of a limitation of the auto in this specific scenario.

Othwrwise i dont feel excessive engine brakint in majoriry of driving
Appreciate 0