11-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #13
DaveA
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Keep us up to date Dave when you find your car has gone into production. I ordered my 330D M-Sport yesterday and my dealer has said the current estimate is end of December, so he expects that date to move forward once a manufacturing slot is booked.
Will do..

You might actually find that yours comes a bit quicker than mine as I've been told that mine might take a little longer than average as it has some "individual" items ticked (Tanzanite Blue paint and the Piano Black inside trim). When it was confirmed on the system it came up with week 2/2014.

Having said that, I know my dealer is hopeful that might come forward.. so let's wait and see.. fingers crossed..

Quote:
He has said he will email me once a week with the process, but given yours was booked a few days before mine it should be a pretty good indicator. He also said they don't get the VIN number from BMW until after it completes production but he wasn't 100% sure on that.
Quote:
I also had an excellent experiences with Lloyds BMW of Colne and would highly recommend then. Gave me a top discount without any hard selling or persuasion required.
Sounds like you had a good experience there. There should be a sticky thread in the forums for folks to post good experiences.. How about that, Mods?

I am based in the North West and had two of the dealers around here (naming no names, but not Lloyds) approach things from the "how much do you want to pay per month" angle.. which, OK, I get that they are trying to make money, but I didn't like this because it's never as easy to see how much they are offering to sell the car to you for and how much p/ex they are offering etc etc.. Also, you have to make doubly sure that you are then comparing like with like.. annual mileages, terms (35 or 36 months for 3 years?) etc..

I had one come out with the "what would it take for you to sign this afternoon" line.. very retro..!!! "as little as physically possible" was the response I had in mind..!! I suggested to them that I would still want to ruminate overnight and they said that would not be possible..!! They then offered me a their "best" deal, which I turned down.

(Un)Surprisingly, they rang the next day to suggest they might be able to offer a better deal.. err.. so, that wasn't really your best deal, then..??

Another gave me a price and then, after I got prices elsewhere, ended up offering me a monthly figure that was (eventually, as the numbers came down in a couple of stages) a whopping £140/month less than the first one they gave me (would have cost me £5000 over 3 years).

Neither of these approaches give me confidence I am dealing with the right business for me. I had done my homework, I knew broadly what sorts of numbers I was playing with (I ended up within 2% of my most hopeful estimates) and, really, I just don't have the time or inclination for that sort of messing about.

I had an introduction to the dealer I eventually went with through a business acquaintance. It was refreshing to have the "no nonsense" approach. They got the deal because of that.
Appreciate 0