11-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330 View Post
OK, yes I'm aware of the distinction but I didn't understand your first message in this way, I thought the dealer made the call to stop searching and to suddenly declare the issue "normal". Sounds like a classic case of BMW UK being their customer-unfriendly self. From being European myself I know that customer service is not the best over there. I know in the US some people on this forum had their car exchanged/refunded over things like that. Pigs might fly before such things happened in Europe. Could be the fear of litigation. Hopefully I'm more successful. I'll let you know what they find out...
Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my original message. Anyway, I have an update - about 15 minutes ago I had a call from my dealer saying that BMW have come back to them and agreed to replace the gearbox in my car! Maybe my dissatisfaction that I asked the dealer to relay to BMW had an effect? As the service rep just said to me on the phone, they must think there is a genuine problem as a new gearbox is around £5k and they don't change them lightly. Dealer will contact me with a date once they've got the new gearbox in, and we shall see if it actually fixes the problem or whether I just get a new gearbox out of it.

All the best when you take your car in too...
Appreciate 0