View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Looks like we have some problems. I'm not sure how I can part the combox because as soon as I disconnect the combox, the following items will stop working.

1) BMW startup/warning chime
2) Instrument cluster no longer displays my entertainment list but pressing on the buttons will change music tracks
3) Trip computer no longer works
4) Efficient dynamics no longer works
5) Service info no longer displayed

I had another look at the can-bus cable and it looks like some of the Pinouts are going going straight into the combox. Aside from running the AUX and the Armrest USB, I might have to change the pinouts again for the can-bus cable for the cluster to communicate with the NBT without having to go through the combox.

This might explain why for those of you who went from HU_ENTRY to HU_NBT, all your gauges and service info will not work.

As for the USB, if you're going from CIC to NBT, you will have a beige connector anyways which goes into the NBT just fine but even with that, I still don't get any connectivity on the glovebox USB port. I'm going to try and take apart my glovebox and armrest, use the armrest USB with the cable that's going into the glovebox and see if that works.

If I can at least get USB working, that means I'll be able to get my navigation and I'll finally be able to load some music to the system.
Appreciate 0