04-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #105
M4dski11z
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Is the M3 any more likely to break something significant than any other modern car? I'm really not sure I would want any of my current cars out of warranty!

I think the old fashioned auto would put me off. I'm already finding the Z4 box a little on the slow side now compared to the 8speed one in the 335d. I never did before! So the M DCT would be a big attraction. Also, the OH knows how to use the Pro Nav system in a BMW so she would prefer both cars to be BMWs!
I would imagine most M3s get driven very hard, I would. It's bound to put more stress on all components. The suspension on my E91 was knocking after just 1.5 years. Could never get BMW to do anything about it. I'll bet some poor sod had to fork out for that. My 540i was a bloody money pit. Every time I went out in it it seemed to cost me a grand Radiator blew, suspension failed, cats went....etc. Never again would I own a BMW outside of warranty, let alone an M3. It's just sods law that things always start to fail when you're on the wrong side of the warranty period.
Appreciate 0