04-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #62
bienarcis
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
Hey, how hard wluld it be to put a xenon housing on the inner ring so it looks more oem? Like a dummy housing
It would involve cutting and grinding like I did for the low beam. I'm sure it is possible and it would be functional, but maybe really difficult to change out bulbs in the future because there is no room in the back housing. And the cap to get into the high beam bulb is on the top. I'm not 100% on this but I'll check it out when I open another set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Very nice! It looks like you took off 3/4" to a full inch How were you able to manage that without destroying the housing, the projectors or both?

EDIT:
Btw... got this back from Retrofitsource.com concerning the matchbox projectors...
Thanks man! yup it was about an inch. I removed the reflector housing and went to town cutting and grinding. I had to cut out a good chunk but the slot that holds the reflector to the back housing is behind there, which prevents you from cutting more and moving the projector farther back.

I guess those matchbox ones won't work. Did you find anything about the blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVu View Post
This guy does quality quality work!! I couldn't even tell the headlights were taken apart. Coming from retrofitted wrx, integra n civic si headlights, these were the only ones that i couldn't tell the difference. I would have thought these were factory if I wasn't familiar with this process. I was so excited I almost called in sick to install them but I'll wait until Saturday lol. Will update with pictures of them operating n installed Saturday. Here's a teaser..
Lol!! thanks man! can't wait to see how it turns out for you
Appreciate 0