09-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
re4ryu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Efficientdynamics

"Lighting system failure, stop carefully"

Hi,

I seem to be having an odd error on the dash which mentions a "lighting system failure, stop carefully."

Ive had a read about this error and apparently its to do with a faulty light control module (LCM). The error seems to affect some lights into not working, such as the indicators, high beams and foglights. Also apparently the low beams stay on constantly, even if the light switch is set to off. A lot of people say to check the battery, but my battery is fine.

However, the issue doesn't appear to be actually affecting me - the error comes on the dash now and then for about 5 seconds, and then goes away again. Today for instance, the error came randomly at three times in the day, and stayed for about 5 seconds each time, then went away. I got out of the car and checked all my lights, there were no problems.

I have replaced my car lights with LED's all round earlier this year (except for high/low beams, so i don't have those aftermarket HID's with their boxes) and coded out bulb checks for them - is this part of the issue at all?

I hope i don't have to dish out the cash to the dealers for such an odd and random issue... perhaps some connection issue? has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Last edited by re4ryu; 09-06-2015 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0