GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmullis View Post
Hey guys,

Considering making the jump to some sort of digital MF system. Aside from the price and other obvious limitations, has anyone that has switched from a full frame DSLR had any regrets?

I considered picking up a medium format film system after the digital conversion dropped the used market resale value to bargain prices but never really had a need so let the impulse pass.

A good film MF kit with a digital back used to be an option but I haven’t looked into it in years.

While the larger sensor and bigger pixels should prove to have significant advantages for studio work, portability, low light performance, fast action shooting and focus speed are all compromised based on what I’ve heard compared to the top Nikon and Canon pro bodies.

Building a MF lens kit would also expand the budget significantly.

The Canon Shooters are excited about the EOS-1D X Mark II. As a Nikon shooter I am looking forward to the D5. The specifications for both bodies are impressive and the photographer can still use existing lenses, strobes and accessories’ while getting blazingly fast operation and superb image quality.
Appreciate 0