05-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #15
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz87
Anderw, thanks for this write-up as it answers something I had long wondered before ordering and after receiving my car with the 6.5 display. For the exact same reasons you had, I wasn't interested in the technology package when I specced out my build.

While I'm not a newbie to BMW's by any stretch, I am one when it comes to coding. I followed the discussion but am unsure who does this sort of coding. Would this be something the dealer does or? I would like to pull the trigger on this DIY and can do the physical swap, it's the last part of it where I'm clueless.

Thanks!
I'm at work but will be done today pretty early , shoot me a PM and I will help you understand it completely!

There are places that specialize or offer coding , also there are members that do it for fun or on the side that would be probably better to deal with, I considered myself pretty experienced with suspension , engine mods and everything in/on interior and exterior but coding was also confusing to me until you really see how it's done you realize it's way more simple then you'd think I was in the same boat as you
Appreciate 0