05-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuterPro View Post
I did a bit of looking for this screen on EBay, and found LOTS of 8.8" screens, some pretty reasonable price, but out of older (2008, 2010, etc) 7 Series and the like.

I assume {AHEM} that they won't work since you gave specific part numbers that do. Correct?

Problem is, some of these EBay listings don't GIVE the part number. The 65509292245 f2x screens I did find were paired with a Nav system and in the multi-thousand ranges.

Did I miss what you say the difference between the f3x and f2x screens is, and why the f2x is better?

Thanks, and GREAT writeup!!
PuterPro
Thanks

I will say ebay listings most of the time have the wrong information or partial part numbers, you really have to know the right keywords to get the best deals and lost of searching. The older Nav screens especially 08-10 E series screens I wouldn't even try I doubt it would work, I would try putting specific model numbers like "320i navi screen" or "f30 bmw screen" since the places that end up getting these are from totaled cars and they don't aways post them correctly which leads to no one finding them and them being sold for very cheap.

As for the f2x f3x differences , its just the back plastic plate on the back of the display , the f22 has a different dashboard then the f30 so even though the screen is the same the contour of the back is different. I have more pictures in my thread I posted on the 2 series forum that I can add here is anyone is interested! neither is better or worse, If you have a f30 the f30 is better

Appreciate 0