10-20-2016, 02:29 AM   #107
Hyperlink
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
Are you guys using stock tunes? If not what kind of modifications are you doing to the tunes?
Hi Nelson,

My changes to your original F30 tune are attached to a post I previously made in this thread (#95). The intent of my changes were made to make the car's audio experience similar for each passenger (not driver oriented) and also provide more bass to the front and rear door speakers (the door spears are pretty capable of providing decent bass from my test tunes).

1. I modified the slope to -12 for the center, front, and rear speakers. When I tuned my alpine system (800w amp) in my Mustang we used -6 db/oct and -12 as 24 dB/octave lead to us hearing where the sound responses started to fall/cut off.

2. Slope on the sub woofers were also changed to -12db/oct. Similar reason as above.

3. I changed the gain on the front and rear to 1db as the rear was sent to -2db and the fronts were set to 1db. This way the same amount of gain is going to the door speakers.

I tried to tune my custom build from scratch using a flat tune (similar to arminvb's tune), but I had to reduce the gain on all channels significantly before I got to point where it would stop cutting off. Even in arminvb's tune the gain was tuned down to -5db on the center, front, and rear speakers which is kind of what I ended up doing. In the end I was better off just using your custom F30 tune with a few modification to the center, front, and rear.

I'm still really happy with the purchase and would recommend this amp to anyone with the F30 tune, I'm just trying to get the loudest sound with the least amount of distortion. I know that this amp is very capable so I'm just going to keep messing with the tunes.

Once I get this polished up I'll buy myself the BimmertTech reverse camera.

Appreciate 0