View Single Post
      01-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Brexit- How do we think it's going?

It's been a while since this has been discussed, and since the old petrol v diesel debate has come around again I thought I'd see if we can get this one going...

Joking aside, it's quite a few months now since the decision was made, and things just don't seem to be moving along particularly well as I see it.

What's others take on this?

My own thoughts are that the Brexiteers all have differing viewpoints on what we're trying to get out of this, and hence no one has a clue what our objectives are. IDS has boiled it down to "To leave the EU"... glad we've got that sorted.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38505532

Also, everyone seems to be an expert on what can and can't be done, and how to do it, but there seems to be little real desire on anyone's part to go out and do it.

I am bias as I did vote Remain, but I now that the decision has been made I am keen to see us maximise whatever the upsides are, nevertheless, the "Brexit team" aren't exactly filling me with a high degree of optimism in their competence, and their ability to alienate anyone in the civil service with the experience and relationships to get a good outcome isn't going to help either.

Most of the options that I hear about sound little like improvements to me, and I fear we are going to end up with no influence, but still paying the EU a load of money for market access, and still end up letting most folk come and go as they please. So in other words, a lot of effort for bugger all gained, and an awful lot lost.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 1