03-31-2017, 09:36 PM   #48
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
I have a different feeling about my STi's - had a 2012 and a 2015 - the 2012 was modded to about 350/370 wheel and was a torque monster. Very fast and very loud. The 2015 was a simple stage 2 and far more civilized. Still it was hard as hell over bumps and used to beat the crap out of me. Loud too so that I couldnt really use the hands free phone. I did enjoy driving it but got to the point where I found great relief when i'd drive my other cars. Realized I wanted something more refined. I'm OK if the 340 I'm getting soon doesnt handle like a go kart. I think i will enjoy it all the more.
i can relate. i think as an enthusiast you go through phases. at least most of us. i remember being on BCs in the subie with 14k spring rates not knowing what i was doing and loving every minute of it before tarmac IIs, AST 4300s, ohlins, custom bilstein shocks and swift springs; different phases and levels of modification. i often get in my folks' lexus e300 and relish in the differences at times. but boy oh boy nothing replaces having nearly 475 whp/wtq at your beck and call and dual EWGs blaring at 30psi on a twin-scroll set up... man!

this is why i need to figure out a way to have four vehicles, haha.
Appreciate 0