08-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #119
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Great questions

1. Factory camera taking over display when in android screens - no solution yet, and I am still noodling on this one myself. The aftermarket camera works PERFECTLY, but that makes sense as it hits the trigger wire in the display for that. My guess is tapping the display trigger wire, to the appropriate factory harness trigger wire, but I don't know what that is. The question is still outstanding to Avin.

2. Version of android - Older version yes, I haven't hit any apps that don't work yet (with one exception) so not really an issue. The only exception I have found in the JB4 mobile app. Android 4.4 supports Bluetooth up through 4.0, but the display is 2.1. The JB4 mobile app needs 4.0 to talk to the box, so that wont work. App installs fine, no OS issues, just a BT module issue. My understanding is that it would require a hardware change on the display, so that isn't on the horizon. No idea if an OS update in planned.

3. new builds - yes, talking with Tommy, I have gone through three new OS builds, reportedly, to address issues so the support model is there.

Great questions!
I've been following this with interest, I would love to upgrade to a larger screen and Android but the JB4 bluetooth issue kills it for me. Hopefully a bluetooth update will get some attention at some point.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0