View Single Post
      09-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
DanM2C
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Another intercooler advice thread

Hey all. I know I couple of these threads exist for our engine but I was hoping to get the collective advice of the forum about this.

I am planning to upgrade my FMIC and am debating the best route to go. My current setup is:

2013 328i xdrive, n26 engine, s55 plugs
ER catless downpipe
Supersprint catback exhaust including resonator and secondary cat delete
Bootmod3 OTS Stage 2 tune, 93 Octane
ER charge pipe (not installed yet)

I plan to go FBO with this car and the only engine mod I plan to do after the intercooler/chargepipe is a new intake, primarily for the sound. I was debating getting a pure stage 2 turbo to hold the boost longer however I chose against doing this since I am starting to save some pennies for an M2.

I do not track the car, nor do I plan to. I live in Maryland so summers are hot, but not over the top, winters are cold, and we have 4 seasons. If I was tracking or lived in a warmer climate, I would pick up the ER intercooler however it weighs significantly more than stock and without tracking, I do not know if it is worth it.

I am looking at the VRSF intercooler based on both cost and positive reviews however prior to getting one, I want to make sure that it is worth upgrading over stock for a stage 2 tune FBO or whether I should go for something with more cooling capability. If I were to go VRSF, would it be worth it to go for the HD version?

I know there are no definite answers to my question but just thought I would get some feedback here. Thanks ahead of time!