TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
They take a lot of abuse and hard driving.

This one is 4 years old and has done 86,000.

Certainly interesting driving it on blues! Had a few hair raising moments!
Yeah not built for handling.lol
I always remember looking at a Ford Focus in Suffolk that was on Blues ...one of those Eco models with low resistance tyres and thinking...that can't be safe on those wheels ...still saved the Force £48 over the year on fuel and the copper can be replaced so that justifies the business case.
The L200 is awful to drive. Noisy, slow, awful gearbox, in 4x4 mode it turns like a supertanker, rolls, dives, just horrible to drive. I can't believe people actually choose to buy and drive these. It's also absolutely massive, easy to forget how high it is when going under some bars into car parks, and how long it is plus there's a tow bar on the end which has been battered many times!

What most people don't realise is that it's a switchable 4x4 system, so normally it's rear wheel drive. With no weight over the rear axle, the rear end comes out very, very easily. Can be fun at times but also tiring when driving it maybe over 200 miles a shift. Driving it on blues is an experience shall we say.

I only drive it when there's nothing left or like today when we actually need the 4X4 capacity.
Appreciate 0