View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 08:09 AM   #93
Mike.F31.MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 328i (M) Wagon, '91 318is

Garage List
Admittedly most of my "car time" is dedicated to my E30, but I occasionally will research the F30/F31 platform. Early last week I came across a thread regarding the Timing Chain Bulletin for the N20/N26 engines. My car was potentially affected due to it's 1/2015 build date.

I was due for service soon so I gave my dealership a call to schedule service and have the techs inspect the car. I took the car in this morning and within 45 minutes the service advisor found me and told me my car was indeed affected. They heard the "whining noise" indicative of the issue referenced in the service bulletin. They would be submitting the claim to BMW Corporate to authorize the repair.

I'm currently in a White/Tan 330i Xdrive sedan as a loaner. I hope to have my F31 back by the end of the week with the repair completed. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

Random Thoughts
While I was at the dealership I sat in a few cars:
- M235i
- 430i Grande Coupe (M Sport)
- 540i (M Sport)

I'm 6'5", so rear passengers (my kids) don't get much room behind my seat. Surprisingly, the 5 series doesn't offer much more in the rear seats with the driver seat adjusted to my specs. I don't fit in the rear seats of the Grande Coupe whatsoever (I'd need at least 3-4 more inches of headroom back there. The M235i fits like a glove and I could potentially fit 2 car seats back there, similar to my setup in the E30. The M235i manual transmissions feels absolutely fantastic. I think I might be in love with the M235i.

Last edited by Mike.F31.MSport; 01-29-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0