View Single Post
      02-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #20
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmoslehpour View Post
I see what you mean with the staggered diameter setup on Istaack's car. My question is, does this staggered setup affect the ride quality negatively in any way or is it purely just looks?
Also, with the 235/40 in the front, since the tire diameter is larger this will also create less fender gap in the front compared to Istaack's setup (245/35) right? Because after looking at his fender gap between the front and back some more, I feel like his rear is slightly less than his front. Or it could just be all in my head
245/35 is 3.4" sidewall, 265/35 is 3.7". there is be a difference in front and rear ride due to sidewall height but i'm not sure if you can "feel" it.

re lstaack, front gap is more than the rear gap. if he had adjustable coils, lowered the front only, reducing the front gap to match the rear it'd prolly look more even.

from a profile view 235/40 has less gap than 245/35, however the 245/35 shoulder is 5mm closer(to the fender arch) and sidewall more vertical which helps to close the gap difference somewhat.
Appreciate 0