View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Do you know the maximum mm/inch the F30 chassis can go closer to the suspension?
Im looking these two options that et are 58 and will give a the bigger tires size like 285 or 295.

18x9.5" ET58 APEX ARC-8 Wheel
18x9.5" ET58 APEX EC-7 Wheel
Thanks for the post! We don't have an exact measurement for the F30 inner clearance, but we know the 18x9" ET42 will clear the front suspension with a 245/40-18 tire, and 18x9.5" ET43 will clear the rear suspension with a 265/35-18 tire (rolled fenders may be required).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Panda View Post
I am looking at getting some ARC-8 19" for my Mineral Gray Metallic F32 iX. Can't decide what colour I should get - Hyper Silver, Anthracite, or Satin Black. I wish there was bronze for the 19". Anyone got some pictures or recommendations please?

I am also torn between the decision of staying 225/340-19 & 255/35-19 or going square with 255/35-19. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Here are some photos to help your decision:

Satin Black on Mineral Grey:

Hyper Silver on Mineral Grey

Anthracite photos are posted above with the SM-10s wheels, we don't have any with ARC-8s just yet.

As far as square vs. staggered, it ultimately comes down to how you plan to use the car. A staggered setup will let you run a slightly wider tire on the rear, which can help if the car is tuned for more power. A staggered setup will also tend to induce understeer before oversteer, much like the OEM setups. A staggered setup is often preferred for aesthetic reasons as well, since it lets you fill all available space in the wheel wells.

A square setup allows for proper front-to-rear tire rotation, and provides more neutral handling characteristics by using the same size tire all around. We prefer square setups for performance driving and/or track use, not only for the handling benefits, but also the increased tire life.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 03-15-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0