chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
Thanks for sharing mate.

I could have wrote half of that myself as when my anxiety kicks in during certain situations I get that pins and needles feeling across my face coupled tight head and pressure feeling across my forehead and nose. A light head then kicks with a fear of passing out and making a fool of myself. Fortunately this has never happened.

Last week the head pressure thing was quite bad at times and I wonder if part of that could be down to sinus also. Although never been to the GP in regard to this and properly diagnosed with sinus issues.
I've always loved driving but once it had happened to me a couple of times I started to worry each journey if it was going to happen and sure enough it happened more often.

I have had my nose drilled out before and I've still got sinus issues. I'm taking decongestants daily despite them suggesting only use them for a week. Nasal sprays help but its when one thing gets added to another suddenly it just builds and builds. The thing that made it worse for me was that I was working it up to a heart attack in my head then I was going through a check list of symptoms and as you're having one of these moments you're certain you might be suffering from these symptoms.

Another thing I noticed was how detached I could get from the whole situation. I'd just be thinking about myself as someone else. I'd be assessing myself as if I was some stranger in the street. Other times I'd just think "shit, it'd be so much easier if I just went to sleep now and woke up tomorrow feeling better". I've never had suicidal thoughts but when I was in the detached state i'd think that sleep or a permanent sleep would fix the problem. I whole heartedly didn't want it but I was being pragmatic, if going to bed helps then surely so would the other option. I think I was just trying to cover every thought in my head which really didn't help.

The early ones were obvious, I was concerned about being away from the missus, thinking about my future, getting a job etc. Anyone around me would know I was having a turn and if I was driving I'd have to pull over.
At the peak of them I was having an odd moment every couple of weeks and I could start to feel them build.

I'm rather open with my feelings and thoughts with most people and this is the thing that gets me, I have no idea what was triggering the more recent ones. Life was good. Money was good. Work was good. Everything was good!

I've only ever had one where no one noticed and I could do nothing about it and it was when I had my second child. The labour was traumatic, the room was full of doctors and I'd just been handed a newborn and left to it. I was in shock at the amount of doctors in the room helping my missus and I couldn't move, couldn't help her. I just sat there silently feeling a wave of pins and needles cover my face and envelop me. I had to ask for cup of cold water which fortunately did the trick.

I think my side of the family are all "normal" as far as mental health is concerned. No one is on anti depressants or anything like that but when I look at the missus's family holy hell! One person tried to commit suicide (live rail), one person has been admitted for a few weeks at a time - narcissistic and other issues , her mum has been on antidepressants and has mood swings like crazy for 40 years. Depression and other stuff runs rampant in that side. I fear for my kids in that respect.

Good work on getting your troubles written down. For some it seems to help, I hope it is helping you. If not, I'm sure you're helping others.
Appreciate 1