05-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #34
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
we're on the same page. I'm more than satisfied with the stock power (for the first time on any car purchase) so it's easy for me to be patient and wait for a proper flash tune. More power is always welcome but I don't track the car or do anything where it feels underpowered. Driving a <200hp daily the past 3 years helped me out i think lol.

I understand that he said there's a software limit, but I'm wondering if that's really the case. Even if it's a software cap at 80%+ duty cycle, do you really want to run that high daily after a flash tune solution is found? And if that duty cycle cap was the case, why wouldn't an upgraded pump that pushes more fuel at the same duty cycle fix the issue? Not saying that you're right or wrong, but this is just a weird scenario that i've never heard of on any other platform i've owned or read about. I feel like if throttle closures are fueling related, then it's a hardware cap (that people are getting around with meth, higher octane fuel, etc.).

I've said in other threads that a lot of people in here are comfortable running lean afrs and high duty cycles but not me. Keep all the factory safeties in place and give me some good, reliable, safe hp.

If you upgrade the hardware and throw more fuel at it the software cap is still an issue. Fuel-It talks about it in one of their posts with the B58 and the pure stage 2 turbo. Being able to flash the car will mean we can upgrade the hardware and tune the car properly for the additional fuel without the DME fighting back

Last edited by jpsimon; 05-17-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
jalkster220.00