05-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #57
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
This will probably be the route I go. Unfortunately won't have a free day to wrench until next weekend.

I do have a question about the bleeding. I have a Motive Power Bleeder to take care of my brake flushes, would this be able to also bleed the clutch properly? You say vacuum bleed from the top, I'm assuming this is another device that does the exact opposite of a power bleeder? (removing pressure instead of adding)

What has everyone else done to bleed their lines?
It seems to me that there is some sort of one-way check valve that prevents all air from coming out from the bottom. We used a power bleeder twice in a row and noticed the pedal was still soft. Once you're done with the power bleed and have everything sealed up at the bottom, attach a hand pump to the fluid reservoir to suck the air out from the top. There was still a LOT of air left in the system at this point and I believe the original poster in this thread ran into the same issue.

I believe this is typical of these cars, we have already bled my car last year (during install of stainless brake lines) and found we were unable to bleed my clutch fluid with only the power bleeder. Following up by sucking the air out of the top gets all the remaining air out and leaves you with perfect clutch & brake pedal feel.
Appreciate 1