07-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #284
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
I was all set to go for Dinan Stage 1 so I called my local BMW dealer who is Dinan authorised; they said the BMWs agreement with Dinan is no longer in place and they are ceasing to do dinan installs.

Anyone else hear this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post
I got the same response from my dealer in Edmonton, Canada. They stated that dinan refused to cover warranty work for which they were responsible.

They won't install any dinan products anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Yeah, they were pretty clear that its at BMW Level, not them. They are in process of ceasing as a Dinan dealer because BMW no longer has the partnership.
Let's be clear up front --- there has NEVER been a formal agreement/partnership between BMW NA and Dinan so there is nothing to cease in that regard. While we do interact with BMW NA on a regular basis the best description I can use is we are "strange bed fellows". The decision to be a Dinan dealer is strictly up to the individual dealerships themselves. Some dealers come and go, typically based off of ownership changes, but its a constantly shifting landscape in the dealership realm. That said, more often then not, the statements like above are made by someone in the dealership that isnt aware of the dealers dealings due to being new or whatever other reason or simply is trying to avoid additional work. As most of you know dealership turnover is very real and a very real issue for businesses like ours that are tied so closely to them. Typically there are only a handful of people within the dealership that really do Dinan sales so if you aren't talking to them you will get drastically different responses. Its a constant battle with training in that regard.

Some closures do happen on occasion but we are not aware of any New York dealerships ceasing the program so I would love to hear who that may be via PM along with whomever you may have talked to if the name is recalled. Same can be said for the Edmonton BMW dealers (talked to both dealerships in town just recently) so that's even more of a mystery.
Yeineken1053.00
phinole21.00