View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #87
sgtwilko
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i XDrive, M Pkg, Sport

Canada is the least of BMW's concerns

I've been leasing BMW vehicles for the last 16 yrs. I love the drive but hate the empty promises and poor technology support in Canada.

It's pretty clear BMW cares very little about the Canadian market. I can only assume sales volume is so low compared to the US and Europe that they cater to those markets first and foremost. That's fine as it makes business sense but what irks me to no end is being sold a bag full of vaporware which is never intended to be delivered in Canada.

I pay full price for the advertised tech package but it never seems to work properly (if at all) in Canada. Enough already! Stop selling us features you can't deliver!

I'm moving to another make as soon as my current lease is up. Perhaps the grass isn't greener elsewhere but I'm tired of being outright lied to by BMW about what I'm being sold and what the "great" tech package that BMW offers can do.

I'm surprised no one has talked about a class action suit yet. There are misleading advertising laws in Canada.http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/02776.html

SgtWilko

P.S. My automatic map updates still don't work, nor do BMW apps. Connected drive portal is useless. Dealer can't help. BMW support can't help either and just direct us back to the dealer. The whole tech features package is a sham in Canada.

Last edited by sgtwilko; 07-23-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0